The Valparaiso Crusaders (10-7, 1-3 MVC) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of Drake when they welcome the Bulldogs (10-7, 4-0 MVC) to Athletics-Recreation Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 145 points with Valparaiso opening as a 3-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Drake Bulldogs at Valparaiso Crusaders Odds Preview
The Bulldogs won a close one over the Indiana State Sycamores in their last matchup, 75-72. De’Antae McMurray was Drake’s leading scorer with 25 points on 9-for-13 shooting. The Bulldogs made 17 of their 20 free throws (85.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.533).
In the Crusaders last game, they defeated the Southern Illinois Salukis, 83-72. Valparaiso’s Max Joseph had a solid performance, recording 17 points and seven rebounds. Valparaiso dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.345 (above their season average of 0.312) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.582 (above their season average of 0.503). Southern Illinois put up marks of 0.213 and 0.484, respectively, for those same stats.
Valparaiso does a solid job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 14th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.314), but Drake is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 18th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.172).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring Drake have gone over 64.3 percent of the time, while 64.3 percent of Valparaiso games have finished under. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (10-7 for Drake; 10-7 for Valparaiso), but the Bulldogs have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Drake is 9-4-1 ATS, while the Crusaders are 7-7.
Drake Bulldogs at Valparaiso Crusaders Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Valparaiso, ATS Winner – Valparaiso, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank 81st in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while the Crusaders rank 126th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9).
- Drake ranks 49th in assists per game (16.1) while Valparaiso ranks 177th (12.6).
- The Crusaders average 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 157th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- Valparaiso ranks 44th in steals per game (7.6) while Drake ranks 120th (6.1).
- The Crusaders have been outscored by an average of 7.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Valparaiso has defeated opponents by an average of 5.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.4 points per game (10.5 below their season average).