MVC foes will collide when the Missouri State Bears (17-11, 7-8 MVC) meet the Drake Bulldogs (15-13, 9-6 MVC) at JQH Arena. Missouri State is a 7-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 140.5 points. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 18, 2018.
Drake Bulldogs at Missouri State Bears Odds Preview
In the Bulldogs last contest, they defeated the Indiana State Sycamores, 90-76. Reed Timmer was the games high scorer with 39 points on 11-for-19 shooting. Drake played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.304 (above their season average of 0.246) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 23.1). For those same stats, Indiana State put up marks of 0.143 and 19.4, respectively.
The Bears are hoping for a better outcome after their 81-80 loss to the Southern Illinois Salukis in their last game. With 15 points, 16 rebounds and five assists, Missouri State’s Alize Johnson had a good game. Southern Illinois had a turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 17.0). Missouri State, on the other hand, held the Salukis to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.5 (below their season average of 26.6).
Missouri State may have difficulty getting to the foul line in this showdown. The Bears rank 322nd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.193, while Drake ranks 17th in FTA rate allowed (0.177).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Drake have finished over 60.0 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of Missouri State games have finished under. The Bears have the superior straight up (SU) record (17-11 vs. 15-13), but the Bulldogs hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (15-9-1 vs. 11-14).
Nick McGlynn has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Drake, averaging 14.0 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 119 points, well under the projected point total of 138.5. The Bulldogs won 61-58, covering as 1.5-point underdogs. Drake did a terrific job of making free throws (18-21; 85.7 percent). Missouri State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (10.2 vs. 12.9). In the victory, Timmer led all scorers with 24 points.
Drake Bulldogs vs. Missouri State Bears Free Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Drake, ATS Winner – Drake, O/U – Over
- The Bears average 21.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 178th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 203rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- Drake is 8-7-1 ATS on the road with 9 overs and 7 unders.
- At home, Missouri State is 4-6 ATS with 7 unders and 3 overs.
- Missouri State ranks 26th in rebounds per game (39.1) while Drake ranks 237th (33.3).
- The Bears rank 31st in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Bulldogs rank 224th (15.3).
- Missouri State averages 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 56th in the NCAA. Drake ranks 98th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Missouri State is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Drake is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Bears have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Missouri State has defeated opponents by an average of 5.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average).