MVC foes will collide when the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (19-5, 9-3 MVC) square off against the Drake Bulldogs (13-12, 7-5 MVC) at Joseph J. Gentile Center. Loyola Chicago is a 10.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 140 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Drake Bulldogs vs. Loyola Chicago Ramblers Betting Preview
The Bulldogs beat the Bradley Braves in their last game, 78-68. Reed Timmer was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 8-for-16 shooting. The Bulldogs held the Braves to an effective field goal percentage of 0.415 (below their season average of 0.500) and had a free throw rate of 0.412 (above their season average of 0.238).
The last time the Ramblers played, they blew out the Missouri State Bears, 97-75. With 23 points on 9-for-11 shooting, Clayton Custer was the games high scorer. Loyola Chicago played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (above their season average of 22.6) and a turnover percentage of 11.6 (better than their season average of 17.9). For those same stats, Missouri State was 13.8 and 16.7, respectively.
Loyola Chicago could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their elite offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Ramblers rank 10th in effective field goal percentage (0.584), while Drake ranks 264th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.524). Furthermore, the Bulldogs rank 323rd in offensive rebounding percentage (23.1 percent), while the Ramblers rank 48th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.8 percent).
Custer has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Loyola Chicago, averaging 17.6 points, 4.0 assists and 2.6 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Ramblers won 80-57. The Ramblers turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Bulldogs. Loyola Chicago had a rate of 8.6, while Drake posted a mark of 19.4. Custer was a top performer in the victory, with 14 points and eight assists.
Drake Bulldogs at Loyola Chicago Ramblers Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Drake, O/U – Over
- Loyola Chicago ranks 49th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while Drake ranks 225th (15.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 98th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while the Ramblers rank 259th (17.7).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while Drake ranks 166th (35.2).
- The Ramblers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.4, up from 10.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (1.6 below their season average).