The Iowa Hawkeyes (4-4) and the Drake Bulldogs (5-5) clash at Wells Fargo Arena. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Drake Bulldogs vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Free Preview
In the Bulldogs last game, they lost a tough one against the Minnesota Golden Gophers, 68-67. Drake’s De’Antae McMurray finished with 12 points, five rebounds and five assists in the game. Minnesota had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.9 vs. 28.2). Drake, on the other hand, forced the Golden Gophers into a turnover percentage of 17.7 (above their season average of 13.0).
The Hawkeyes hope to keep it rolling after dismantling the Southern University Jaguars in their last contest, 91-60. With 23 points on 7-for-10 shooting, Luka Garza was the top scorer from either team. Iowa played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.532) and a free throw rate of 0.349 (above their season average of 0.209). Southern University was 0.321 and 0.214, respectively, for those same stats.
Points at the line might be few and far between for Iowa in this showdown. Since last season, the Hawkeyes rank 199th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.238, while Drake ranks 47th in FTA rate allowed (0.207).
Drake Bulldogs vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Iowa, ATS Winner – Iowa, O/U – Over
etting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawkeyes rank 42nd in rebounds per game (39.4) while the Bulldogs rank 165th (34.8).
- Iowa averages 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. Drake ranks 161st in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Drake ranks 31st in assists per game (13.9) while Iowa ranks 230th in assists allowed per game (16.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 28th in steals allowed per game (6.4) while the Hawkeyes rank 184th (7.7).
- Drake ranks 59th in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while Iowa ranks 197th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).