The Bradley Braves (17-7, 7-4 MVC) can continue a 10-game home winning streak when they square off with the Drake Bulldogs (12-12, 6-5 MVC) at Carver Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 134.5 points with Bradley set as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Drake Bulldogs at Bradley Braves ATS Preview
In the Bulldogs’ last contest, they were beaten by the Southern Illinois Salukis, 78-67. Drake’s Nick McGlynn had 12 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. Southern Illinois had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.9 (above their season average of 26.1). Drake, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (18-21; 85.7 percent).
The Braves come in on a high note after barely hanging on to beat the Loyola Chicago Ramblers in their last matchup, 69-67. Bradley was lifted by Elijah Childs, who was the teams leading scorer with 18 points on 6-for-12 shooting. The Braves held the Ramblers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below the 29.6 mark opponents have averaged against Bradley this season) and had a free throw rate of 0.300 (above their season average of 0.248).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Bradley should have a substantial edge. The Braves defense ranks 14th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.456), while the Drake offense is ranked 121st in effective field goal percentage (0.525).
These teams have already met once this season. The Bulldogs won 66-64. The Bulldogs played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.294 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3. For those same stats, the Braves put up marks of 0.224 and 26.5, respectively. Despite the loss, Darrell Brown Jr. was the games leading scorer with 19 points.
Drake Bulldogs at Bradley Braves Odds Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Bradley, ATS Winner – Drake, O/U – Under
- The Braves rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Bulldogs rank 87th (3.3).
- Bradley ranks 97th in rebounds per game (36.9) while Drake ranks 240th (32.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 96th in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while the Braves rank 232nd (18.8).
- Bradley ranks 117th in assists per game (14.2) while Drake ranks 214th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Braves average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 62.4 points per game (12.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (1.8 below their season average).