The Omaha Mavericks (0-6) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they clash with the Drake Bulldogs (4-1) at Baxter Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 160.5 points with Drake opening as a 2.5-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Drake Bulldogs vs. Omaha Mavericks Free Preview
The Bulldogs beat the Chicago State Cougars in their last game, 79-67. Reed Timmer was the games leading scorer with 32 points on 9-for-16 shooting. The Bulldogs had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 13.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.566 (above their season average of 0.543).
The last time the Mavericks played, they were topped by the Jackson State Tigers, 75-73. Zach Jackson led Omaha in scoring with 22 points on 6-for-8 shooting. Jackson State had a turnover percentage of 12.2 (better than their season average of 16.1). Omaha, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.200 (above their season average of 0.172).
This contest should be a battle of opposite paces. Omaha ranks eighth in possessions per game (76.2) while Drake is 131st (70.7) since last season. ,
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Drake games have finished over 66.7 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of games featuring Omaha have finished under. The Bulldogs hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (4-1 vs. 0-6), but the Mavericks have been superior against the spread (ATS) (3-4 vs. 2-0-1).
Drake Bulldogs at Omaha Mavericks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Omaha, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mavericks rank 166th in blocks per game (3.2) while the Bulldogs rank 255th (2.5).
- Omaha ranks 197th in rebounds per game (35.3) while Drake ranks 264th in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).
- Drake averages 25.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 30th in the nation. Omaha ranks 287th in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- The Mavericks rank 19th in steals per game (8.0) while the Bulldogs rank 175th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Drake averages 13.6 assists per game, which ranks 150th in the NCAA. Omaha ranks 288th in assists allowed per game (15.7).