The Drake Bulldogs (18-7, 7-5 MVC) will be at SIU Arena to go head-to-head against the Southern Illinois Salukis (13-12, 6-6 MVC) in a MVC matchup. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Drake Bulldogs at Southern Illinois Salukis ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Salukis defeated the Evansville Aces 78-73, while the Bulldogs beat the UNI Panthers 83-77.
Drake played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.218) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0 (above their season average of 25.2). UNI was 0.063 and 24.2, respectively, for those same stats. The Salukis, on the other hand, knocked down 19 of their 25 free throws (76.0 percent), while the Aces had a turnover percentage of 21.2 (above their season average of 16.7). Aaron Cook played a pivotal role for Southern Illinois with 15 points and seven assists. Meanwhile, Drake rallied around Nick McGlynn, who finished with 22 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, McGlynn led the Bulldogs to an 82-70 victory. He notched a double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds. Drake’s 0.208 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Southern Illinois, who had a rate of 0.095.
Getting to the line could be hard to find for Southern Illinois in this matchup. The Salukis rank 215th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.225, while Drake ranks 91st in FTA rate allowed (0.207).
Drake Bulldogs vs. Southern Illinois Salukis Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Southern Illinois, ATS Winner – Southern Illinois, O/U – Over
- Drake ranks 89th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while Southern Illinois ranks 282nd (18.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 155th in rebounds per game (35.6) while the Salukis rank 241st (33.1).
- Southern Illinois ranks 55th in blocks per game (4.1) while Drake ranks 79th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Salukis rank 77th in steals per game (7.0) while the Bulldogs rank 200th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Drake ranks 30th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while Southern Illinois ranks 132nd (13.2).
- The Salukis have been outscored by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Southern Illinois has defeated opponents by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (8.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (0.3 below their season average).