The Detroit Titans (6-15, 2-6 Hor) will try to snap their six-game road losing streak when they take on the Wright State Raiders (15-6, 7-1 Hor), who look to prolong their nine-game home winning streak. Wright State is a 12.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 150.5 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 26, 2018.
Detroit Titans vs. Wright State Raiders Odds Preview
The Titans lost to the Oakland Golden Grizzlies in their last contest, 92-86. Detroit’s Kameron Chatman put together a solid performance, contributing 24 points and 10 rebounds. Oakland held the Titans to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.9 (below their season average of 28.4). Detroit, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 14.1).
In the Raiders last game, they were defeated by the Milwaukee Panthers, 66-61. Loudon Love led Wright State in scoring with 16 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Milwaukee did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (13-16; 81.3 percent). Wright State, meanwhile, forced the Panthers into a turnover percentage of 23.3 (above their season average of 16.4).
Detroit might struggle to score as they go head-to-head against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Wright State ranks 17th in defensive efficiency while the Titans rank 159th in offensive efficiency.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games involving Detroit have gone over 57.9 percent of the time, while 63.2 percent of Wright State games have finished under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Raiders have a significant advantage. They are 15-6 SU and 10-9 ATS, while the Titans are 6-15 SU and 8-10-1 ATS.
Love has been impressive over the last five games for Wright State, averaging 16.6 points, 12.4 rebounds, 2.4 blocks and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 153 points, just under the projected point total of 154. The Raiders won 80-73, covering as 4.5-point favorites. Wright State had a much better turnover percentage (13.9 vs. 19.5). Detroit, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.254 vs. 0.203). Love recorded a double-double with 13 points and 14 rebounds.
Detroit Titans vs. Wright State Raiders ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wright State, ATS Winner – Wright State, O/U – Under
- The Raiders average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 50th in the nation. The Titans rank 124th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- On the road, Detroit is 4-6 ATS with 6 overs and 4 unders.
- At home, Wright State is 3-5 ATS with 8 unders and 0 overs.
- Detroit ranks 44th in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while Wright State ranks 229th (19.0).
- The Raiders rank 90th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while the Titans rank 249th (17.0).
- Wright State ranks 123rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while Detroit ranks 264th (39.1).
- Wright State is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 4.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.8 points per game (6.5 below their season average).