The Western Michigan Broncos, 12.5-point favorites, welcome the Detroit Titans to University Arena in Read Fieldhouse to commence the new season. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 153 points and action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Detroit Titans vs. Western Michigan Broncos Betting Odds
Detroit did not reach the tournament following an 8-24 regular season campaign last season. Western Michigan also failed to reach the tournament following a 17-15 regular season.
The Broncos won the lone game between these two teams last year, 87-79. The Broncos’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Titans. Western Michigan had a rate of 10.5, while Detroit posted a mark of 20.9.
The Titans had records of 8-24 straight up (SU) and 12-16-1 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Detroit’s 29 games that accepted bets last season, 16 finished over the O/U total.
The Broncos, meanwhile, owned records of 17-15 SU and 18-11 ATS last season. Just over half of Western Michigan’s games also finished over the O/U total.
Detroit might have a difficult time creating turnovers. Last season, Western Michigan ranked 20th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.5 percent), while Detroit forced the 215th-most turnovers (18.1 percent).
Detroit Titans at Western Michigan Broncos Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Western Michigan, ATS Winner – Western Michigan, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Detroit ranks 45th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Western Michigan ranks 262nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- The Broncos rank 77th in blocks allowed per game (2.9) while the Titans rank 228th (4.4).
- Western Michigan ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Detroit ranks 183rd (6.6).
- The Broncos rank 134th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3) while the Titans rank 288th (38.4).
- Western Michigan ranks 147th in assists allowed per game (13.3) while Detroit ranks 300th (16.4).