The Detroit Titans (4-9, 0-1 Hor), who are currently on a seven-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they head to UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena to meet the Milwaukee Panthers (7-7, 0-1 Hor). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Detroit Titans at Milwaukee Panthers ATS Preview
In the Titans last outing, they fell to the Green Bay Phoenix, 95-83. Detroit’s Kameron Chatman recorded 22 points, 11 rebounds and five assists in the game. Green Bay had a turnover percentage of 9.4 (better than their season average of 17.2). Detroit, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.235).
The Panthers are trying to rebound after their 76-68 loss to the Oakland Golden Grizzlies in their last matchup. Brock Stull led Milwaukee in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-19 shooting. Oakland did a terrific job of making free throws (19-22; 86.4 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, held the Golden Grizzlies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.4 (below their season average of 28.2).
This game should be a battle of contrasting styles. Detroit likes to play fast (sixth in possessions per game), while Milwaukee is more half-court-oriented (323rd in possessions per game).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Panthers won two out of three contests last season. In the most recent matchup, Milwaukee won 85-60. The Panthers played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.636 and a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.648. For those same stats, the Titans had marks of 0.197 and 0.393, respectively.
Detroit Titans at Milwaukee Panthers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Detroit, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Over
- The Panthers rank 46th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Titans rank 74th (5.9).
- Milwaukee averages 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 113th in the NCAA. Detroit ranks 128th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Milwaukee ranks 58th in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while Detroit ranks 265th (40.8).
- The Panthers rank 70th in assists allowed per game (12.1) while the Titans rank 237th (17.6).
- Detroit ranks 29th in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while Milwaukee ranks 130th (22.6).
- The Panthers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 86.6 points per game (3.6 below their season average).