The Detroit Titans (6-13, 2-4 Hor) will attempt to snap a five-game road losing streak when they square off with the IUPUI Jaguars (6-11, 3-3 Hor) at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 158 points with IUPUI opening as a 4-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
Detroit Titans vs. IUPUI Jaguars ATS Preview
In the Titans last game, they won a close one over the Youngstown State Penguins, 93-91. Corey Allen was the games high scorer with 34 points on 8-for-16 shooting. The Titans knocked down 19 of their 26 free throws (73.1 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 52.5 (above their season average of 27.6).
The Jaguars come in on a high note after beating the Green Bay Phoenix in their last contest, 67-61. Aaron Brennan had a good game for IUPUI, putting up 15 points and 11 rebounds. IUPUI played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 38.6 (above their season average of 32.0) and a free throw rate of 0.246 (above their season average of 0.187). Green Bay put up marks of 27.5 and 0.213, respectively, for those same stats.
IUPUI appears to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this matchup. The Jaguars rank 92nd in offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 percent), while Detroit ranks 268th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.1 percent). This contest should be a matchup of opposite paces. The up-and-down Titans rank eighth in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Jaguars rank 259th.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games featuring Detroit have gone over 58.8 percent of the time, while IUPUI games have gone under 66.7 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Jaguars have a substantial advantage. They are 6-11 SU and 7-8 ATS, while the Titans are 6-13 SU and 7-9-1 ATS.
Roschon Prince has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Detroit, averaging 11.6 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.
Detroit Titans vs. IUPUI Jaguars ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Detroit, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Under
- The Jaguars rank 76th in steals per game (7.0) while the Titans rank 115th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- IUPUI ranks 110th in blocks per game (3.4) while Detroit ranks 148th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- IUPUI ranks 44th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Detroit ranks 190th (23.7).
- The Titans rank 85th in rebounds per game (37.5) while the Jaguars rank 227th (33.3).
- IUPUI ranks 150th in assists allowed per game (13.9) while Detroit ranks 241st (17.0).
- The Jaguars average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.6 points per game (7.8 below their season average).