The Detroit Titans (4-8), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they challenge the Green Bay Phoenix (5-8) at Resch Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 164 points with Green Bay set as a 4-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
Detroit Titans vs. Green Bay Phoenix Betting Preview
The last time the Titans played, they were beaten by the Murray State Racers, 81-72. Jermaine Jackson Jr. had a good game for Detroit, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Murray State’s offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over Detroit. The Racers had a rate of 29.4 (below their season average of 36.4), while the Titans posted a mark of 23.5.
The Phoenix are trying to rebound after their 81-60 loss to the Wisconsin Badgers in their last game. With 12 points, Green Bay’s Khalil Small played well. Wisconsin out-rebounded Green Bay. The Badgers had 13 offensive rebounds and 40 total rebounds, while the Phoenix had five and 20, respectively.
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this meeting that showcases a pair of the NCAA’s more up-and-down teams. Green Bay ranks 48th in possessions per game (74.4) and Detroit is fifth (79.2).
Of Detroit’s 11 games that accepted bets, six have finished over the projected point total, while 4 of Green Bay’s 8 games have finished over the O/U total. The Phoenix have the better straight up (SU) record (5-8 vs. 4-8), but the Titans hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (5-5-1 vs. 4-4).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Phoenix won the last contest 89-81. The Phoenix’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Titans. Green Bay had a rate of 33.3, while Detroit posted a mark of 20.9.
Detroit Titans vs. Green Bay Phoenix ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Under
- The Titans average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 73rd in the nation. The Phoenix rank 136th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Detroit averages 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 126th in the NCAA. Green Bay ranks 144th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- Green Bay is 1-1 ATS at home, while Detroit is 3-4 ATS on the road.
- In 7 road games, the Titans have 4 overs and 3 unders.
- All 2 of the Phoenix’s home games have gone under.
- Green Bay averages 39.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 34th in the NCAA. Detroit ranks 255th in rebounds allowed per game (40.5).
- The Titans average 27.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 30th in the NCAA. The Phoenix rank 205th in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- Green Bay ranks 79th in assists allowed per game (12.2) while Detroit ranks 226th (17.4).
- Green Bay is 0-3 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Phoenix’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 3.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (10.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 88.8 points per game (1.0 below their season average).