The Detroit Titans (7-19, 3-10 Hor) can snap a nine-game road losing streak when they clash against the Cleveland State Vikings (7-20, 4-10 Hor) at Wolstein Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 153 points with Cleveland State set as a 3-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Detroit Titans vs. Cleveland State Vikings ATS Preview
The Titans fell to the Oakland Golden Grizzlies in their last game, 87-78. Detroit’s Roschon Prince had a good performance, putting up 10 points and 13 rebounds. Getting to the free throw line was one of Oakland’s largest strengths. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Detroit had 17.
The last time the Vikings played, they topped the UIC Flames, 86-78. With 25 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Tyree Appleby was the games high scorer. Cleveland State played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.5 (better than their season average of 17.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.501). For those same stats, UIC was 19.3 and 0.500, respectively.
This contest should be a showdown of contrasting tempos. Detroit has preferred an up-and-down style of play (12th in possessions per game), while Cleveland State has been more half-court-oriented (211th in possessions per game).
Of Detroit’s 24 games that accepted bets, 13 have finished under the O/U total, while 12 of Cleveland State’s 24 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have dreadful straight up (SU) records (7-19 for Detroit; 7-20 for Cleveland State), but the Vikings have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Cleveland State is 12-11-1 ATS, while the Titans are 10-13-1.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 169 points, which was over the projected point total of 156. The Titans won 85-84, but were unable to cover as 4-point favorites. The Titans played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.211 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.2. For those same stats, the Vikings were 0.143 and 14.8, respectively. Despite the loss, Appleby was a top performer in the game with 19 points and seven assists.
Detroit Titans vs. Cleveland State Vikings ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Cleveland State, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Under
- The Vikings rank 184th in assists per game (12.9) while the Titans rank 256th in assists allowed per game (16.7).
- Cleveland State ranks 157th in blocks per game (2.7) while Detroit ranks 177th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Detroit is 5-8 ATS on the road with 7 unders and 6 overs.
- Cleveland State is 3-5-1 ATS at home with 5 overs, 3 unders and 1 push.
- Cleveland State ranks 51st in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Detroit ranks 214th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- The Titans rank 156th in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Vikings rank 297th (29.9).
- Cleveland State ranks 47th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Detroit ranks 160th (6.8).
- Cleveland State is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 2-3 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Vikings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, down from 7.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (14.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (8.5 below their season average).