The Washington Wizards (11-10) will be at home in Capital One Arena when they meet the Detroit Pistons (14-6). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Detroit Pistons at Washington Wizards Odds Preview
The Pistons had no trouble getting past the Phoenix Suns in their last game, 131-107. With 20 points and seven rebounds, Detroit’s Tobias Harris had a good game. The Pistons had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.646 (above their season average of 0.523) and had a better turnover percentage (16.2 vs. 16.5).
In the Wizards last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Philadelphia 76ers, 118-113. Kelly Oubre Jr. led Washington in scoring with 22 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Philadelphia had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 25.1). Washington, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 13.5).
Based on each teams statistical profile, ball security could play an integral role in this contest. Washington commits the second-fewest miscues in the league (turnover percentage of 13.7 percent), while the pesky defense of Detroit forces the fifth-most (opponents turnover percentage of 15.9 percent).
Of Detroit’s 20 games, 10 have finished over the O/U total, while 13 of Washington’s 21 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Pistons have a substantial advantage. They are 14-6 SU and 14-5-1 ATS, while the Wizards are 11-10 SU and 11-10 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 226 points, which was over the projected point total of 211.5. The Wizards won 115-111, but were unable to cover as 7-point favorites. The Wizards dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.387 and a turnover percentage of 15.0. For those same stats, the Pistons were 0.172 and 16.6, respectively. Otto Porter was the games top overall scorer with 28 points.
Detroit Pistons at Washington Wizards Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank fourth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Pistons rank eighth (7.5).
- Detroit averages 42.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 20th in the NBA. Washington ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (44.4).
- Detroit ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (19.4) while Washington ranks eighth (18.6).
- Detroit is 8-2 ATS on the road with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- Washington is 3-7 ATS at home with 5 overs and 5 unders.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Washington is 8-1 and Detroit is 7-2.
- The Wizards are 9-6 when they score over 100 points, while the Pistons are 12-2.
- The Wizards average 22.1 assists per game, which ranks 18th in the league. The Pistons rank 21st in assists allowed per game (23.8).
- Detroit ranks second in second chance points allowed per game (10.0) while Washington ranks 29th (14.0).
- The Pistons average 45.3 points in the paint per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Wizards rank 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.6).
- Washington ranks 19th in blocks per game (4.3) while Detroit ranks 26th (3.5).
- Washington is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Wizards’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.2 points per game (2.8 above their season average).