The Detroit Pistons (20-41) will travel to the Golden 1 Center to square off against the Sacramento Kings (25-34). The Pistons opened as 7.5-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Detroit at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Detroit Pistons vs. Sacramento Kings ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last matchup. The Kings (2-point underdogs) defeated the Memphis Grizzlies 104-101, while the Pistons (9-point underdog) beat the Phoenix Suns 113-111. The Sacramento game went 21.5 points under the projected point total of 226.5, while the Detroit game went 6 points over the projected point total of 218.
The Pistons forced 18 turnovers and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (23.3 vs. 19.2). Meanwhile, Sacramento dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 8.2 (better than their season average of 12.5) and a free throw rate of 0.187 (above their season average of 0.174). For those same stats, Memphis was 10.7 and 0.165, respectively. Sacramento was led by De’Aaron Fox, who put up 25 points and five assists. Derrick Rose was a key piece for Detroit with 31 points.
In their first matchup this year, Rose led the Pistons to a 127-106 win. He recorded a double-double with 22 points and 11 assists. The two teams combined for 233 points, which was over the projected point total of 222, and Detroit covered as a 2-point underdog. Detroit did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (37-44; 84.1 percent). Sacramento, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (21.1 vs. 8.3).
Of the Pistons’ 61 games, 37 have finished over the total. Detroit comes into the contest with records of 20-41 straight up (SU) and 23-36-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Kings games, with 30 overs compared to 28 unders. Further, Sacramento owns records of 25-34 SU and 31-28 ATS.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Sacramento currently ranks 22nd in possessions per game (100.9) and Detroit is 25th (100.6).
Detroit Pistons at Sacramento Kings Odds Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Kings rank 28th in rebounds per game (42.3) while the Pistons rank 29th (42.1).
- Sacramento ranks sixth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while Detroit ranks 25th (5.6).
- The Kings rank ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.4) while the Pistons rank 20th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- Sacramento ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (12.0) while Detroit ranks 15th (13.1).
- Sacramento ranks 15th in steals per game (7.6) while Detroit ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- The Kings rank 10th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.7) while the Pistons rank 26th (52.0).
- The Kings rank fifth in fast break points allowed per game (12.3) while the Pistons rank 13th (12.8).
- Detroit averages 24.1 assists per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. Sacramento ranks 16th in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- Detroit ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (29.6) while Sacramento ranks 16th (34.0).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Sacramento is 10-2 and Detroit is 4-3.
- The Pistons are 19-28 when they reach 100 points, while the Kings are 23-27.
- Sacramento is 11-16 ATS at home, while Detroit is 12-16-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 14 of the Kings’ 27 home games, while 16 of the Pistons’ 30 road games have gone over.
- The Kings are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Pistons are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Sacramento has 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push, while Detroit has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Kings have outscored opponents by an average of 6.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Sacramento has been defeated by an average of 2.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 106.6 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 115.0 points per game (4.1 above their season average).