The Portland Trail Blazers (42-26) welcome the Detroit Pistons (30-38) to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The Trail Blazers are a 9-point favorite and will try to continue their 11-game winning streak. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Detroit Pistons vs. Portland Trail Blazers ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Trail Blazers were victorious over the Cleveland Cavaliers, 113-105, while the Pistons fell to the Denver Nuggets, 120-113.
Portland played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 22.9) and a turnover percentage of 6.3 (better than their season average of 12.2). For those same stats, Cleveland had marks of 5.1 and 11.0, respectively. Detroit, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.0 vs. 13.4). Portland’s Damian Lillard had a good game, finishing with 24 points and nine assists. Meanwhile, Andre Drummond fueled Detroit with 21 points and 17 rebounds.
Portland could dominate on defense as they face off against one of the NBA’s worst offenses. The Trail Blazers currently rank fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.503), while Detroit is 23rd in effective field goal percentage (0.508).
A little over half of the Pistons games have finished under the total. Detroit holds records of 30-38 straight up (SU) and 30-36-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has a tendency to place the total high when the Trail Blazers are involved, as 39 of their 68 games have ended under the projected point total. Moreover, Portland owns records of 42-26 SU and 37-25-6 ATS.
Jusuf Nurkic has really been playing well recently for Portland, averaging 14.6 points and 11.6 rebounds over the last five games.
In their first matchup this season, Drummond led the Pistons to a 111-91 win. He recorded a double-double with 17 points and 17 rebounds. Detroit covered as a 2-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 202 points, which was under the projected point total of 211. Detroit’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Portland. The Pistons had a rate of 0.585 while the Trail Blazers posted a mark of 0.447.
Detroit Pistons vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- Portland ranks second in assists allowed per game (20.2) while Detroit ranks 27th (25.0).
- The Trail Blazers rank third in rebounds per game (45.3) while the Pistons rank 19th (43.2).
- Detroit ranks 17th in fast break points per game (10.5) while Portland ranks last (7.7).
- Detroit ranks 15th in points in the paint per game (44.1) while Portland ranks 25th (41.9).
- The Trail Blazers rank ninth in blocks per game (5.0) while the Pistons rank 28th (3.8).
- The Pistons rank 16th in steals per game (7.6) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th (6.8).
- Detroit ranks 11th in points off turnovers per game (17.0) while Portland ranks 29th (14.4).
- Portland is 22-5 when they allow less than 100 points, while Detroit is 16-6.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Trail Blazers are 37-13 and the Pistons are 26-17.
- Detroit is 15-17-1 ATS on the road, while Portland is 19-13-3 ATS at home.
- The Pistons have 19 unders, 13 overs and 1 push in 33 road games.
- The Trail Blazers have 19 unders and 16 overs in 35 home games.
- In their last five games, Detroit and Portland have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Trail Blazers are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Pistons are 3-2.
- The Trail Blazers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 2.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 100.0 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.2 points per game (4.8 above their season average).