The Philadelphia 76ers (12-9) will be at home in Wells Fargo Center when they meet the Detroit Pistons (14-7). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 214.5 points with Philadelphia opening as a 4.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Detroit Plus.
Detroit Pistons at Philadelphia 76ers Odds Preview
In the Pistons last matchup, they lost big to the Washington Wizards, 109-91. Andre Drummond had a solid game for Detroit, putting up 14 points, 17 rebounds and seven assists. Washington out-rebounded Detroit. The Wizards had 16 offensive rebounds and 49 total rebounds, while the Pistons had four and 32, respectively.
The 76ers are hoping for a better outcome after their 108-97 loss to the Boston Celtics in their last matchup. Dario Saric led Philadelphia in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-16 shooting. Boston did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (16-20; 80.0 percent). Philadelphia, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (above their season average of 26.0).
It will be a matchup of opposite styles as the fast-breaking 76ers will look to push the slower-paced Pistons. The 76ers rank fourth in possessions per game while the Pistons are 24th.
Of Detroit’s 20 games that accepted bets, 10 have finished over the O/U total, while 12 of Philadelphia’s 21 games have finished over the O/U total. The Pistons have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (14-7 vs. 12-9), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Detroit is 14-5-1 ATS, while Philadelphia is 14-7 ATS.
Saric has been excellent over the last five games for Philadelphia, averaging 13.8 points and 7.8 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 183 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 215.5. The 76ers won 97-86, covering as 4-point underdogs. The 76ers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.240 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.527. For those same stats, the Pistons were 0.165 and 0.424, respectively. Ben Simmons played a huge role in the victory, recording a triple-double with 21 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists.
Detroit Pistons vs. Philadelphia 76ers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank 14th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Pistons rank 26th (3.6).
- Detroit ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (29.1) while Philadelphia ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (31.0).
- Detroit averages 19.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- Detroit is 8-2 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 7-3 ATS at home.
- The Pistons have 6 unders and 4 overs in 10 road games.
- The 76ers have 5 overs and 5 unders in 10 home games.
- Detroit is 7-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Philadelphia is 4-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the 76ers are 11-5 and the Pistons are 12-2.
- The Pistons rank 13th in steals per game (8.0) while the 76ers rank 21st in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (49.6) while Detroit ranks 22nd (42.2).
- The 76ers average 25.6 assists per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Pistons rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (24.0).
- The 76ers rank seventh in points in the paint per game (47.0) while the Pistons rank 12th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.1).
- Detroit ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (10.4) while Philadelphia ranks 23rd (13.2).
- Philadelphia is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 105.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (4.9 above their season average).