The Detroit Pistons (4-5) and the Orlando Magic (4-6) clash at Amway Center. The Pistons are 1-point favorites and look to snap their five-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 211.5 points and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Detroit Pistons vs. Orlando Magic Betting Odds
Neither team was able to cover in their last matchup. The Magic (3.5-point favorites) defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers, 102-100, while the Pistons (2.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Miami Heat, 120-115. The Orlando game finished 12.5 points under the projected point total of 214.5, while the Detroit game finished 15.5 points over the projected point total of 219.5.
Orlando dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.149 (above their season average of 0.149) and a turnover percentage of 13.8 (worse than their season average of 10.7). For those same stats, Cleveland recorded marks of 0.100 and 17.4, respectively. Detroit, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.9 (above their season average of 24.3). Orlando rallied around Aaron Gordon, who contributed 23 points and nine rebounds. Andre Drummond was a key piece for Detroit with 25 points and 24 rebounds.
The Magic held the advantage in this series last year, taking two out of three contests. In the last matchup, Orlando won 115-106. Orlando’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Detroit. The Magic had a rate of 0.587 while the Pistons posted a mark of 0.500.
Pistons games have a tendency to finish over the total (55.6 percent). Detroit comes into the game with records of 4-5 straight up (SU) and 3-6 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Detroit, games involving the Magic tend to go under the projected point total (70.0 percent). Additionally, Orlando is 4-6 SU and 4-6 ATS.
Orlando could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, Orlando ranks third in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.8 percent), while Detroit has forced the ninth-fewest turnovers (14.2 percent). It will also be a tale of two styles as the fast-breaking Pistons rank fifth in possessions per game, while the more methodical Magic rank 25th.
Detroit Pistons vs. Orlando Magic Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Detroit averages 44.3 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Orlando ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (46.2).
- The Pistons rank 15th in points in the paint per game (44.0) while the Magic rank 28th (45.2).
- Orlando ranks 21st in fast break points per game (12.5) while Detroit ranks 28th (10.7).
- Orlando ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.8) while Detroit ranks seventh (4.8).
- The Magic rank 13th in assists per game (23.6) while the Pistons rank 29th (22.5).
- The Pistons rank third in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while the Magic rank ninth (12.6).
- Orlando ranks 13th in steals per game (7.6) while Detroit ranks 27th (7.5).
- Detroit is 22-6 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Orlando is 13-9.
- The Magic are 27-33 when they score above 100 points, while the Pistons are 39-22.