The Detroit Pistons (0-1) will travel to Fiserv Forum to go head-to-head with the Milwaukee Bucks (1-0) in game two of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Bucks opened as 15.5-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 211 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
Detroit Pistons vs. Milwaukee Bucks ATS Odds
In game one, Antetokounmpo led the Bucks to a 121-86 win. He registered a double-double with 24 points and 17 rebounds. The two teams combined for 207 points, which was under the projected point total of 214.5, and Milwaukee covered as a 15-point favorite. Getting to the free throw line was one of Milwaukee’s largest strengths. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Detroit had just 13.
Games featuring the Pistons have a slight tendency to go under the projected point total (53.0 percent). Detroit comes into the contest with records of 41-42 straight up (SU) and 42-40-1 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Detroit, just over half of Bucks games have finished under the total. Additionally, Milwaukee owns records of 61-22 SU and 48-32-3 ATS.
It will be a battle of opposite styles as the fast-breaking Bucks (ranked fifth in the league in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Pistons (28th in possessions per game). Moreover, the Pistons’ 22nd-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 106.8) will face a tough test against the Bucks’ top-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 103.1).
Detroit Pistons vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.5) while the Pistons rank 11th (16.0).
- Detroit ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (28.0) while Milwaukee ranks last (36.2).
- The Bucks rank third in points in the paint per game (53.3) while the Pistons rank 22nd (44.7).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in assists per game (26.1) while Detroit ranks 25th (22.5).
- Detroit ranks 15th in second chance points per game (13.2) while Milwaukee ranks 26th (11.7).
- The Bucks rank second in blocks per game (6.0) while the Pistons rank 26th (4.0).
- The Bucks rank first in rebounds per game (49.8) while the Pistons rank 18th (45.0).
- Milwaukee is second in the league with 6.8 steals allowed per game while Detroit is fourth with 6.9 steals allowed per game.
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in fast break points per game (17.8) while Detroit ranks 29th (10.0).
- Detroit is 16-3 when they allow less than 100 points, while Milwaukee is 21-1.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Bucks are 60-18 and the Pistons are 37-25.
- Detroit is 21-21 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 24-17-1 ATS at home.
- The Pistons have 24 unders, 17 overs and 1 push in 42 road games.
- The Bucks have 21 overs and 21 unders in 42 home games.
- The Bucks are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Pistons are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Detroit has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Bucks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, down from 9.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 100.4 points per game (6.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 106.0 points per game (1.5 below their season average).