The Detroit Pistons (30-37) and the Denver Nuggets (37-31) battle at Pepsi Center. The Pistons are 7.5-point underdogs and can put an end to a 10-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Detroit Pistons vs. Denver Nuggets ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Nuggets fell to the Los Angeles Lakers, 112-103, while the Pistons lost big to the Utah Jazz, 110-79.
Detroit forced Utah into a turnover percentage of 20.3 (above their season average of 13.3) while Denver had a better effective field goal percentage (0.517 vs. 0.528). Wilson Chandler put together a good performance for Denver with 26 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Detroit received a boost from Andre Drummond, who finished with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
Denver appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Nuggets rank sixth in effective field goal percentage (0.536), while Detroit ranks 20th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.528).Additionally, the Pistons, who rank 28th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.170), could have a tough time getting to the line against the Nuggets, who rank fifth in opponents’ FTA rate (0.175).
Of the Pistons’ 67 games, 37 have finished under the total. Detroit comes into the game with records of 30-37 straight up (SU) and 29-36-2 against the spread (ATS).
It’s tough to find a trend for Nuggets games in regards to the projected point total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Additionally, Denver owns records of 37-31 SU and 31-34-3 ATS.
In their first matchup this season, Jamal Murray led the Nuggets to a 103-84 victory. He scored a game-high 28 points. The two teams combined to score 187 points, which was well under the projected point total of 211, and Denver covered as a 7-point underdog. Denver had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.570 vs. 0.411). Detroit, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (19-22; 86.4 percent).
Detroit Pistons vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Under
- The Nuggets rank fourth in second chance points per game (13.7) while the Pistons rank 10th (13.0).
- Denver averages 25.0 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Detroit ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (24.9).
- The Nuggets rank first in rebounds allowed per game (41.1) while the Pistons rank 18th (43.6).
- Denver ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (30.7) while Detroit ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (30.2).
- Denver ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (49.4) while Detroit ranks 14th (44.1).
- The Pistons rank sixth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.0) while the Nuggets rank 27th (18.8).
- The Nuggets rank 18th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Pistons rank 28th (3.8).
- Detroit ranks 17th in steals per game (7.6) while Denver ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Detroit ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (9.2) while Denver ranks 19th (12.5).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Denver is 13-2 and Detroit is 16-6.
- The Pistons are 26-16 when they score above 100 points, while the Nuggets are 31-22.
- Denver is 19-16-1 ATS at home, while Detroit is 14-17-1 ATS on the road.
- Of the Pistons’ 32 road games, they have 19 unders, 12 overs and 1 push.
- In 36 home games, the Nuggets have 18 overs and 18 unders.
- In their last five games, Detroit and Denver are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Pistons have 4 unders and 1 over over their last five games, while the Nuggets have 3 overs and 2 unders
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 96.6 points per game (6.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 106.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average).
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.2 for the season.