The Detroit Pistons (35-40), 3.5-point favorites, will travel to Madison Square Garden to go head-to-head against the New York Knicks (27-49). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 211 points and it can be seen on MSG Network at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 31, 2018.
Detroit Pistons at New York Knicks Betting Odds
In their last game, the Knicks were beaten by the Philadelphia 76ers, 118-101, while the Pistons defeated the Washington Wizards, 103-92.
The Pistons knocked down 15 of their 20 free throws (75.0 percent) and held the Wizards to an effective field goal percentage of 0.449 (below their season average of 0.526). New York, meanwhile, did a great job of getting and making free throws (20-26; 76.9 percent). Enes Kanter had a solid performance for New York, contributing 17 points and 14 rebounds. Andre Drummond played a key role for Detroit with 24 points and 23 rebounds.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of New York. New York ranks 22nd in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.4 percent), while the pesky defense of Detroit forces the seventh-most turnovers in the league (14.5 percent). ,
Of the Pistons 75 games, 42 have finished under the projected point total. Detroit heads into the game with records of 35-40 straight up (SU) and 36-37-2 against the spread (ATS).
Knicks games have gone over the total 48.7 percent of the time. Further, New York owns records of 27-49 SU and 36-40 ATS.
Kanter and Trey Burke have been playing well over the last five games for New York. Kanter has averaged 13.8 points and 13.0 rebounds, while Burke has put up 20.2 points, 6.2 assists and 1.2 steals a game during that span.
In their two contests this season, the Pistons have won both. The two teams combined to put up 205 points in their most recent game, which was just over the projected point total of 202.5. Detroit won 104-101 but was unable to cover as a 7-point favorite. One of Detroit’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 25 free throw attempts, while New York had just six. Kanter had a double-double in the defeat, with 22 points and 16 rebounds.
Detroit Pistons at New York Knicks ATS Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
- The Pistons rank 15th in second chance points per game (12.7) while the Knicks rank 22nd in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- New York ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.1) while Detroit ranks 27th (3.9).
- The Knicks rank 14th in assists per game (23.0) while the Pistons rank 26th in assists allowed per game (24.9).
- Detroit ranks 18th in steals per game (7.6) while New York ranks 29th (6.8).
- Detroit averages 16.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 13th in the league. New York ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- The Pistons rank first in fast break points allowed per game (9.7) while the Knicks rank 15th (11.6).
- The Knicks average 44.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 11th in the league. The Pistons rank 21st in rebounds allowed per game (43.8).
- New York ranks eighth in points in the paint per game (46.7) while Detroit ranks ninth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.3).
- Detroit ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (28.7) while New York ranks 29th (22.9).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Detroit is 20-6 and New York is 13-3.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Pistons are 31-17 and the Knicks are 26-27.
- New York is 20-16 ATS at home, while Detroit is 18-18-1 ATS on the road.
- The Pistons have 23 unders, 13 overs and 1 push in 37 road games.
- Of the Knicks 36 home games, they have 19 unders and 17 overs.
- The Pistons are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Detroit has 3 unders and 2 overs, while New York has 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- The Pistons have outscored opponents by an average of 12.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Detroit has lost by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 106.4 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.8 points per game (7.7 above their season average).