Central Division foes will collide when the Milwaukee Bucks (12-10) meet the Detroit Pistons (14-9) at BMO Harris Bradley Center. Milwaukee opened as a 3-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 204.5 points. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Detroit Pistons vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Preview
The Pistons lost a close one to the San Antonio Spurs in their last outing, 96-93. Detroit’s Andre Drummond finished with 11 points and 15 rebounds in the game. San Antonio held the Pistons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 23.7). Detroit, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 15.5).
In the Bucks last matchup, they were defeated by the Boston Celtics, 111-100. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the games leading scorer with 40 points on 14-for-24 shooting. Boston held the Bucks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 7.5 (below their season average of 17.8). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (9.2 vs. 13.9).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the leagues slowest-paced teams battle. Milwaukee ranks 28th in possessions per game (96.9) and Detroit is 23rd (98.5).
Of Detroit’s 23 games, 13 have finished under the projected point total, while 12 of Milwaukee’s 22 games have finished over the O/U total. The Pistons come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-9 SU and 15-7-1 ATS, while the Bucks are 12-10 SU and 9-11-2 ATS.
Eric Bledsoe has really been playing well over the last five games for Milwaukee, averaging 22.6 points, 5.0 assists and 2.2 steals per game.
These two teams have met twice already this season, each winning once. Khris Middleton had 27 points, eight assists and six rebounds in the most recent matchup, in which the Bucks topped the Pistons 99-95 but could not cover as 5-point favorites. The two teams combined to put up 194 points, which was 10.5 points below the projected point total of 204.5 points. Milwaukee’s 0.538 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Detroit, who had a mark of 0.441.
Detroit Pistons at Milwaukee Bucks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank second in steals allowed per game (6.9) while the Pistons rank ninth (7.4).
- Milwaukee allows the fewest fast break points per game (6.5) while Detroit ranks fifth (9.0).
- Detroit ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (42.0) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (37.9).
- Detroit is 9-4 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 3-6-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 6 of the Bucks 10 home games, while 9 of the Pistons 13 road games have gone under.
- Detroit is 7-3 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Milwaukee is 6-2.
- The Bucks are 9-4 when they score more than 100 points, while the Pistons are 12-3.
- The Bucks average 22.3 assists per game, which ranks 18th in the league. The Pistons rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (24.4).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.4) while Detroit ranks 27th (3.4).
- The Pistons rank 10th in second chance points per game (13.3) while the Bucks rank last (7.9).
- The Bucks rank fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.2) while the Pistons rank seventh (15.3).
- Detroit ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (29.1) while Milwaukee ranks 25th (24.4).
- Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Milwaukee has been defeated by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average).