The Houston Rockets (57-14) and the Detroit Pistons (32-39) go head-to-head at Toyota Center. The Rockets look to lengthen their six-game winning streak. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 22, 2018, and will air on ATTSN Southwest.
Detroit Pistons vs. Houston Rockets ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Rockets defeated the Portland Trail Blazers 115-111, while the Pistons won big over the Phoenix Suns 115-88.
Detroit dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.1 (better than their season average of 12.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.521 (above their season average of 0.508). For those same stats, Phoenix was 16.1 and 0.417, respectively. The Rockets, on the other hand, had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.601 (above their season average of 0.555) and had a free throw rate of 0.253 (above their season average of 0.241). Houston’s James Harden had a good game, recording 42 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Blake Griffin, meanwhile was a key piece for Detroit with 26 points, 10 assists and nine rebounds.
The high-octane offense of Houston will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Detroit. The Rockets currently rank first in offensive efficiency, while the Pistons are 11th in defensive efficiency. The Rockets should have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Pistons, who rank 28th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.170), will clash against the Rockets, who rank fifth in opponents’ FTA rate (0.175).
Vegas is known to set the total high when the Pistons are involved, as 40 of their 71 games have ended under the total. Detroit holds records of 32-39 straight up (SU) and 32-37-2 against the spread (ATS).
A little over half of Rockets games have also finished under the O/U total. Further, Houston is 57-14 SU and 37-32-2 ATS.
In their first matchup this year, Tobias Harris led the Pistons to a 108-101 victory. He scored a game-high 27 points. The two teams combined for 209 points, which was just under the projected point total of 212.5, and Detroit covered as a 6.5-point underdog. Getting to the free throw line was one of Detroit’s largest advantages. They had 27 free throw attempts, while Houston had just 11.
Detroit Pistons at Houston Rockets Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Pistons rank fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.0) while the Rockets rank 14th (15.8).
- Houston averages 42.0 three pointers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Detroit ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (30.1).
- The Pistons rank first in fast break points allowed per game (9.5) while the Rockets rank 15th (11.7).
- Houston ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (22.7) while Detroit ranks 25th (24.9).
- Houston ranks 14th in blocks per game (4.7) while Detroit ranks 26th (3.9).
- The Pistons rank ninth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.1) while the Rockets rank 28th (48.2).
- The Rockets rank fifth in steals per game (8.5) while the Pistons rank 17th (7.7).
- Houston ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (41.2) while Detroit ranks 17th (43.7).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Detroit is 18-6 and Houston is 26-2.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Pistons are 28-17 and the Rockets are 55-11.
- Detroit is 17-18-1 ATS on the road, while Houston is 13-19-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 22 of the Pistons’ 36 road games, while 17 of the Rockets’ 33 home games have gone over.
- The Rockets are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Pistons are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Houston has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Detroit has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 112.2 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.2 points per game (0.6 below their season average).
- The Pistons’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, up from 1.0 for the season.