The Detroit Pistons (21-18) can snap a five-game road losing streak when they meet the Brooklyn Nets (15-25) at Barclays Center. Detroit is a 2-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 204 points. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Detroit Pistons vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Preview
The Pistons lost a close one to the New Orleans Pelicans in their last outing, 112-109. Detroit’s Andre Drummond recorded 16 points and 14 rebounds in the contest. New Orleans had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.598 vs. 0.484). Detroit, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (10.5 vs. 15.7).
The last time the Nets played, they were beaten by the Toronto Raptors, 114-113. Spencer Dinwiddie was Brooklyn’s leading scorer with 31 points on 10-for-24 shooting. Toronto held the Nets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.450 (below their season average of 0.508). Brooklyn, meanwhile, held the Raptors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 23.0).
It will be a battle of opposite paces as the up-and-down Nets will look to push the more methodical Pistons. The Nets currently rank third in possessions per game while the Pistons are 22nd.
Games involving these teams tend to finish under the projected point total. Detroit games have finished under 59.0 percent of the time, while Brooklyn games have finished under 55.0 percent of the time. The Pistons have the superior straight up (SU) record (21-18 vs. 15-25), but the Nets hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (25-15 vs. 22-15-2).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Nets won two out of three games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Detroit won 90-89. The Pistons played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.4 and a free throw rate of 0.128. For those same stats, the Nets had marks of 16.0 and 0.098, respectively.
Detroit Pistons vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank second in three pointers attempted per game (33.9) while the Pistons rank 18th (28.4).
- Detroit ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (8.5) while Brooklyn ranks 11th (10.4).
- Detroit ranks 14th in steals per game (7.6) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (6.4).
- Detroit ranks 18th in points in the paint per game (42.5) while Brooklyn ranks 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.5).
- Detroit is 12-8-1 ATS on the road with 13 unders, 7 overs and 1 push.
- At home, Brooklyn is 12-7 ATS with 10 unders and 9 overs.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Brooklyn is 10-1 and Detroit is 11-4.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Nets are 11-18 and the Pistons are 18-6.
- The Pistons rank fourth in second chance points allowed per game (10.7) while the Nets rank 18th (12.5).
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (20.9) while Detroit ranks 26th (24.5).
- The Pistons rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while the Nets rank 21st (17.4).
- The Nets rank 22nd in blocks per game (4.2) while the Pistons rank 29th (3.3).
- Brooklyn ranks fourth in rebounds per game (46.0) while Detroit ranks 21st (41.8).
- Brooklyn is 5-0 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 98.4 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average).