The Detroit Pistons (36-40) will travel to Barclays Center to take on the Brooklyn Nets (25-51). The Pistons opened as 1-point favorites. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 210 points and action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 1, 2018.
Detroit Pistons vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Nets won a close one over the Miami Heat 110-109, while the Pistons were victorious over the New York Knicks 115-109.
Detroit played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.200 (above their season average of 0.168) and a turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 12.0). For those same stats, New York was 0.110 and 12.7, respectively. Meanwhile, Brooklyn’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Miami. The Nets had a rate of 0.242 (above their season average of 0.205), while the Heat posted a mark of 0.168 (below the 0.203 mark opponents have averaged against Brooklyn this season). Caris LeVert played a pivotal role for Brooklyn with 19 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists. Meanwhile, Detroit was lifted by Andre Drummond, who had 22 points and 17 rebounds.
It will be a battle of conflicting styles as the fast-paced Nets (ranked fifth in the NBA in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Pistons (20th in possessions per game).
Games featuring the Pistons have typically gone under the total (56.0 percent). Detroit holds records of 36-40 straight up (SU) and 36-37-2 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Detroit, Nets games have a slight tendency to go under the total (53.3 percent). Although Brooklyn has trouble winning games outright (25-51 SU), they have a solid record ATS (42-32-1).
The Pistons Drummond has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 18.2 rebounds, 16.2 points, 2.4 blocks and 1.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson has averaged 15.2 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.4 steals during that same time frame for the Nets.
In the season series between these two teams, the Pistons lead two games to one. The two teams combined to score 221 points in their most recent game, which was over the projected point total of 210.5. Detroit won 115-106 but was unable to cover as a 10-point favorite. Detroit had a much better turnover percentage (6.4 vs. 16.6). Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (17.4 vs. 16.0). Drummond put up a double-double in the victory with 17 points and 27 rebounds.
Detroit Pistons vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Pistons rank first in fast break points allowed per game (9.6) while the Nets rank 12th (11.3).
- Brooklyn ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (24.6) while Detroit ranks 24th (30.4).
- The Pistons rank 13th in points off turnovers per game (16.7) while the Nets rank 29th (14.3).
- Detroit averages 43.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 15th in the league. Brooklyn ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (46.6).
- Detroit ranks 15th in blocks allowed per game (4.9) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (5.6).
- The Pistons rank seventh in second chance points allowed per game (11.4) while the Nets rank 28th (13.6).
- The Pistons rank 18th in steals per game (7.6) while the Nets rank last (6.2).
- Detroit ranks 20th in points in the paint per game (43.8) while Brooklyn ranks 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.0).
- Brooklyn ranks seventh in assists allowed per game (21.7) while Detroit ranks 27th (25.0).
- Brooklyn is 12-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Detroit is 20-6.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Pistons are 32-17 and the Nets are 21-35.
- Detroit is 18-18-1 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 17-19-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 23 of the Pistons 37 road games, while 21 of the Nets 37 home games have gone under.
- The Pistons are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Nets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Detroit has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Brooklyn has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 108.6 points per game (5.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 100.4 points per game (3.3 below their season average).
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 4.0 for the season.