The Oklahoma City Thunder (8-9) will be at home in Chesapeake Energy Arena when they clash with the Detroit Pistons (11-6). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 203 points with Oklahoma City set as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Detroit Plus.
Detroit Pistons vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Free Preview
The Pistons were blown out by the Cleveland Cavaliers in their last contest, 116-88. Detroit’s Tobias Harris had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 11 points on 4-for-10 shooting. Converting at the free throw line was one of Cleveland’s biggest advantages. They were 16-17 (94.1 percent), while the Pistons were just 7-13 (53.8 percent).
In the Thunder’s last game, they defeated the Golden State Warriors, 108-91. With 34 points on 13-for-27 shooting, Russell Westbrook was the games high scorer. Oklahoma City played a flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 24.1) and a turnover percentage of 13.6 (worse than their season average of 12.8). For those same stats, Golden State was 15.9 and 20.0, respectively.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Oklahoma City ranks 21st in possessions per game (98.9) and Detroit is 26th (97.7). Additionally, the Pistons rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (25.3 percent), while the Thunder rank 27th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.9 percent).
Of Detroit’s 17 games, nine have finished under the O/U total, while 11 of Oklahoma City’s 17 games have finished under the projected point total. The Pistons hold a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-6 SU and 11-5-1 ATS, while the Thunder are 8-9 SU and 7-9-1 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after splitting two games last season. The Thunder won the most recent matchup 106-88. The Thunder played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.554. The Pistons recorded marks of 15.4 and 0.457, respectively, for those same stats.
Detroit Pistons vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank fifth in fast break points per game (14.4) while the Pistons rank 13th (10.4).
- Oklahoma City ranks 20th in assists per game (20.8) while Detroit ranks 22nd in assists allowed per game (23.9).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in points off turnovers per game (21.9) while Detroit ranks eighth (18.7).
- Detroit is 6-2 ATS on the road with 5 unders and 3 overs.
- Oklahoma City is 5-2-1 ATS at home with 5 unders and 3 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Oklahoma City is 7-2 and Detroit is 6-2.
- The Thunder are 7-4 when they reach 100 points, while the Pistons are 10-2.
- The Thunder rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (39.4) while the Pistons rank eighth (41.4).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (10.7) while Detroit ranks 14th (8.1).
- The Thunder rank 12th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Pistons rank 25th (3.4).
- Detroit ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (9.5) while Oklahoma City ranks 12th (11.8).
- Oklahoma City is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Thunder’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 99.0 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.4 points per game (2.3 above their season average).