The UIC Flames (3-5) will be at home in UIC Pavilion when they square off against the DePaul Blue Demons (1-3). Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
DePaul Blue Demons at UIC Flames Free Preview
In the Blue Demons last outing, they beat the Portland Pilots, 82-69. With 19 points and 13 rebounds, Marin Maric had a solid game for DePaul. The Blue Demons, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2, had an extraordinary mark of 40.5, while the Pilots had a turnover percentage of 19.1 (above their season average of 15.3).
The Flames come in on a high note after dismantling the Wisconsin-Parkside Rangers in their last outing, 76-48. UIC received a boost from Dikembe Dixson, who was the games leading scorer with 17 points on 8-for-15 shooting. The Flames had a much better free throw rate (0.365 vs. 0.043) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.548 vs. 0.326).
This contest should be a showdown of conflicting styles. Since the 2016-17 season, UIC has preferred to play fast (38th in possessions per game), while DePaul has been more half-court-oriented (236th in possessions per game).
The Flames won the lone contest against the Blue Demons last season, 80-75. The Flames dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.351 and a turnover percentage of 15.8. For those same stats, the Blue Demons had marks of 0.288 and 18.5, respectively.
DePaul Blue Demons vs. UIC Flames Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UIC, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Flames rank 138th in assists per game (14.0) while the Blue Demons rank 277th (11.5).
- UIC ranks 189th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while DePaul ranks 285th (17.9).
- UIC ranks 34th in rebounds per game (39.1) while DePaul ranks 271st (33.0).
- The Flames rank 15th in blocks per game (5.5) while the Blue Demons rank 210th (2.8).
- DePaul averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 114th in the nation. UIC ranks 254th in steals allowed per game (7.4).