Summit foes will clash when the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (7-14, 3-3 Summit) take on the Denver Pioneers (7-12, 1-4 Summit) at Mabee Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 140.5 points with Oral Roberts set as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Denver Pioneers vs. Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Odds Preview
The last time the Pioneers played, they lost to the Omaha Mavericks, 86-80. Ade Murkey had a solid performance for Denver, finishing with 18 points and nine rebounds. Omaha had a free throw rate of 0.351 (above their season average of 0.176). Denver, meanwhile, held the Mavericks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.2 (below their season average of 27.0).
The Golden Eagles are trying to rebound after their 82-70 loss to the South Dakota Coyotes in their last contest. Sam Kearns was Oral Roberts leading scorer with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting. South Dakota did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (21-25; 84.0 percent). Oral Roberts, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.9 vs. 30.4).
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Golden Eagles currently rank 22nd in offensive rebounding percentage (35.7 percent), while Denver ranks 15th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.0 percent).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Pioneers won both games played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Denver won 93-69. The Pioneers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.688 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.9. For those same stats, the Golden Eagles put up marks of 0.481 and 19.4, respectively.
Denver Pioneers vs. Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oral Roberts, ATS Winner – Denver, O/U – Under
- The Golden Eagles rank 128th in steals per game (6.0) while the Pioneers rank 140th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Denver ranks 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.6) while Oral Roberts ranks 232nd (17.2).
- The Pioneers rank 18th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while the Golden Eagles rank 152nd (35.6).
- Oral Roberts ranks 178th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1) while Denver ranks 266th (26.9).
- The Golden Eagles average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.0 points per game (7.1 above their season average).