The Northern Colorado Bears (7-3) will be at home in Bank of Colorado Arena when they go head-to-head with the Denver Pioneers (5-5). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 141 points with Northern Colorado set as a 4-point favorite. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Denver Pioneers at Northern Colorado Bears Odds Preview
The Pioneers beat the USC Upstate Spartans in their last outing, 84-69. Daniel Amigo was Denver’s leading scorer with 21 points on 10-for-12 shooting. The Pioneers had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.750 (above their season average of 0.509), while the Spartans had a free throw rate of 0.115 (below their season average of 0.169).
The last time the Bears played, they dismantled the Oklahoma Panhandle State Aggies, 104-53. With 21 points on 9-for-12 shooting, Jalen Sanders was the games leading scorer. Northern Colorado dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 24.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.658 (above their season average of 0.492). For those same stats, Oklahoma Panhandle State put up marks of 12.5 and 0.354, respectively.
It could be a tough game for Northern Colorado on the offensive glass. The Bears are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 241st in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.8 percent. Meanwhile, Denver ranks 65th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 74.3 percent.
Of Denver’s 8 games with betting action, four have finished over the projected point total, while 5 of Northern Colorado’s 7 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bears have a substantial advantage. They are 7-3 SU and 4-2-1 ATS, while the Pioneers are 5-5 SU and 2-6 ATS.
Joe Rosga has been excellent over the last five games for Denver, averaging 19.0 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Pioneers won the only contest played against each other last season, 73-70. The Pioneers 16.7 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Bears, who had a rate of 22.4.
Denver Pioneers vs. Northern Colorado Bears Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Denver, ATS Winner – Denver, O/U – Under
- On the road, Denver is 1-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- Northern Colorado is 0-1 ATS at home with 1 under and 0 overs.
- Northern Colorado averages 26.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 47th in the NCAA. Denver ranks 240th in three pointers allowed per game (26.4).
- The Pioneers rank 48th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while the Bears rank 174th (37.2).
- Northern Colorado is 2-0-1 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Denver is 1-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bears average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 9.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (1.7 below their season average).