The Denver Nuggets (3-2) will look to advance to the Western Conference Semifinals when they travel to AT&T Center to square off against the San Antonio Spurs (2-3) in game six of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The Nuggets opened as 2.5-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 208 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southwest at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 25, 2019.
Denver Nuggets vs. San Antonio Spurs Betting Odds
In game five, Jokic led the Nuggets to a 108-90 win. He recorded a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Denver covered as a 5.5-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 198 points, which was under the projected point total of 210.5. Denver did a terrific job of making free throws (16-20; 80.0 percent). San Antonio, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (6.8 vs. 13.0).
Vegas has a tendency to set the total high when the Nuggets are involved, as 56.3 percent of their games have gone under the projected point total. Denver holds records of 57-30 straight up (SU) and 45-42 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Denver, Spurs games have a slight tendency to finish over the projected point total (52.9 percent). Further, San Antonio is 50-37 SU and 45-40-2 ATS.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams clash. San Antonio ranks 28th in possessions per game (99.8) and Denver is 27th (99.9). Additionally, the Nuggets, who rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 percent), will square off against the Spurs, who rank fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.3 percent).
Denver Nuggets vs. San Antonio Spurs ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets rank 23rd in points off turnovers per game (15.4) while the Spurs rank last (13.9).
- Denver ranks second in second chance points per game (15.3) while San Antonio ranks 28th (11.6).
- The Nuggets rank 14th in steals per game (7.6) while the Spurs rank 29th (6.1).
- Denver ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (31.2) while San Antonio ranks last (24.9).
- San Antonio ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Denver ranks 13th (4.9).
- The Nuggets rank fifth in points in the paint per game (51.7) while the Spurs rank 27th (43.6).
- The Nuggets rank 14th in fast break points per game (12.7) while the Spurs rank 27th (10.3).
- Denver ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (42.7) while San Antonio ranks sixth (43.9).
- Denver ranks second in assists per game (27.4) while San Antonio ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (24.8).
- San Antonio is 17-3 when they allow under 100 points, while Denver is 26-2.
- When reaching the century mark, the Spurs are 49-24 and the Nuggets are 53-21.
- San Antonio is 25-18 ATS at home, while Denver is 18-25 ATS on the road.
- The Nuggets have 25 unders and 18 overs in 43 road games.
- In 43 home games, the Spurs have 23 unders and 20 overs.
- In their last five games, Denver and San Antonio have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Nuggets are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Spurs are 2-3.
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 103.4 points per game (7.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.6 points per game (1.3 below their season average).