The San Antonio Spurs (1-1) will be 3.5-point favorites at home in game three of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs when they go head-to-head against the Denver Nuggets (1-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 212 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 18, 2019.
Denver Nuggets at San Antonio Spurs ATS Odds
In game two, Jokic led the Nuggets to a 114-105 victory. He recorded a double-double with 21 points and 13 rebounds. The two teams combined for 219 points, which was over the projected point total of 210.5, and Denver covered as a 7-point favorite. The Nuggets’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Spurs. Denver had a rate of 4.7, while San Antonio posted a mark of 9.3.
Vegas is known to set the total high when the Nuggets are involved, as 48 of their 84 games have ended under the total. Denver comes into the contest with records of 55-29 straight up (SU) and 43-41 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Denver, just over half of Spurs games have finished over the total. Further, San Antonio owns records of 49-35 SU and 44-38-2 ATS.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams face off. San Antonio ranks 27th in possessions per game (100.1) and Denver is 24th (100.2). Moreover, the Nuggets rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.4 percent), while the Spurs rank fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.4 percent).
Denver Nuggets vs. San Antonio Spurs Free Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Under
- The Nuggets rank 20th in points off turnovers per game (15.6) while the Spurs rank last (13.9).
- Denver ranks second in second chance points per game (15.5) while San Antonio ranks 27th (11.5).
- The Nuggets rank 12th in steals per game (7.7) while the Spurs rank 29th (6.0).
- Denver ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (31.2) while San Antonio ranks last (25.0).
- San Antonio ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Denver ranks 14th (4.9).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in points in the paint per game (52.1) while the Spurs rank 28th (43.2).
- The Nuggets rank 15th in fast break points per game (12.5) while the Spurs rank 28th (10.2).
- Denver ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (42.6) while San Antonio ranks sixth (43.9).
- Denver averages 27.4 assists per game, which ranks second in the league. San Antonio ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (24.8).
- Denver is 25-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while San Antonio is 17-3.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Nuggets are 51-20 and the Spurs are 48-23.
- Denver is 17-24 ATS on the road, while San Antonio is 24-17 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 25 of the Nuggets’ 41 road games, while 23 of the Spurs’ 41 home games have gone under.
- The Spurs are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Nuggets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, San Antonio has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Denver has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Spurs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 105.0 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 106.8 points per game (0.2 above their season average).