The Sacramento Kings (12-25) will be at home in Golden 1 Center when they go head-to-head against the Denver Nuggets (21-17). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 207 points with Denver opening as a 4-point favorite. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Denver Nuggets vs. Sacramento Kings Odds Preview,
In the Nuggets last matchup, they defeated the Utah Jazz, 99-91. With 26 points and seven rebounds, Denver’s Trey Lyles played well. The Nuggets had a better free throw rate (0.105 vs. 0.036), while the Jazz had a turnover percentage of 16.4 (above their season average of 13.3).
The Kings are hoping for a better outcome after their 131-111 loss to the Charlotte Hornets in their last matchup. Zach Randolph was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Charlotte had a turnover percentage of 3.0 (better than their season average of 11.7). Sacramento, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.0 (above their season average of 21.5).
Sacramento may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this contest. The Kings rank 30th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.147, while Denver ranks third in FTA rate allowed (0.165). Additionally, the Nuggets rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.6 percent), while the Kings rank 27th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.1 percent).
Of Denver’s 37 games with betting action, 20 have finished under the O/U total, while 19 of Sacramento’s 37 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Nuggets have a sizable advantage. They are 21-17 SU and 18-18-1 ATS, while the Kings are 12-25 SU and 15-19-3 ATS.
Jamal Murray has been outstanding as of late for Denver, averaging 20.2 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.2 steals over the last five games.
These two teams have met twice already this year, with the Nuggets winning both. In the most recent game, Nikola Jokic put up 16 points and 14 rebounds and the Nuggets defeated the Kings 114-98, covering as 5-point favorites. The two teams combined to score 212 points, which was just 2.5 points above the projected point total of 209.5 points. The Nuggets played a flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6 and a free throw rate of 0.174. The Kings put up marks of 12.5 and 0.093, respectively, for those same stats.
Denver Nuggets at Sacramento Kings Odds Prediction,
Predictions: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets rank fourth in fast break points per game (14.2) while the Kings rank 24th (8.8).
- Denver ranks third in points in the paint per game (49.2) while Sacramento ranks 17th (42.4).
- Sacramento ranks seventh in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.0) while Denver ranks 26th (18.8).
- On the road, Denver is 8-11-1 ATS with 11 unders and 9 overs.
- At home, Sacramento is 8-9 ATS with 9 overs and 8 unders.
- Sacramento is 7-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Denver is 11-2.
- The Kings are 8-6 when they score over 100 points, while the Nuggets are 17-11.
- The Nuggets rank first in second chance points per game (15.0) while the Kings rank 20th (11.6).
- Denver ranks fifth in rebounds per game (45.3) while Sacramento ranks 27th (40.1).
- The Nuggets rank eighth in three pointers attempted per game (30.6) while the Kings rank 29th (22.4).
- The Kings average 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Nuggets rank 22nd in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Denver ranks sixth in assists per game (23.6) while Sacramento ranks 27th (20.8).
- Sacramento is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Denver is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Kings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 12.2, up from 9.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 113.4 points per game (5.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average).