The Denver Nuggets (29-26) can put an end to a seven-game road losing streak when they clash against the Phoenix Suns (18-38) at Talking Stick Resort Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 219.5 points with Denver set as a 7.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt.
Denver Nuggets at Phoenix Suns ATS Preview
The last time the Nuggets played, they were blown out by the Houston Rockets, 130-104. Denver’s Trey Lyles had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 24 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Houston held the Nuggets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.9 (below their season average of 26.4). Denver, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 9.8).
The Suns are trying to rebound after their 129-81 loss to the San Antonio Spurs in their last game. Alex Len was Phoenix’s high scorer with 14 points on 6-for-9 shooting. San Antonio did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (21-27; 77.8 percent). Phoenix, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 10.3).
This contest should be a showdown of contrasting tempos. Phoenix prefers an up-tempo style of play (third in possessions per game), while Denver is slower-paced (18th in possessions per game). Moreover, the Nuggets, who rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.2 percent), will square off against the Suns, who rank 26th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.2 percent).
Of Denver’s 54 games that accepted bets, 31 have finished under the O/U total, while 28 of Phoenix’s 56 games have finished under the projected point total. The Nuggets have the clear advantage straight up (SU) (29-26 vs. 18-38), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Denver is 25-26-3 ATS, while Phoenix is 26-28-2 ATS.
Josh Jackson has really been playing well over the last five games for Phoenix, averaging 20.0 points and 7.0 rebounds per game.
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. Jamal Murray scored a game-high 30 points in the most recent contest, in which the Nuggets lost 108-100, unable to cover as 9-point favorites. The two teams combined to put up 208 points, which was 12.5 points below the projected point total of 220.5 points. The Suns turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Nuggets. Phoenix had a rate of 10.9, while Denver posted a mark of 15.5.
Denver Nuggets vs. Phoenix Suns ATS Prediction
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Suns, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets average 48.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Suns rank 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.3).
- Denver ranks 17th in steals per game (7.7) while Phoenix ranks 28th (6.8).
- Denver ranks fourth in assists per game (24.1) while Phoenix ranks 23rd (21.0).
- Denver averages 30.3 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Phoenix ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (28.2).
- On the road, Denver is 9-14-2 ATS with 14 unders and 11 overs.
- At home, Phoenix is 11-17-1 ATS with 15 unders, 13 overs and 1 push.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Phoenix is 6-2 and Denver is 13-2.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Nuggets are 23-17 and the Suns are 14-22.
- The Nuggets rank 12th in points off turnovers per game (16.9) while the Suns rank 28th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.9).
- Denver ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (41.0) while Phoenix ranks 26th (45.3).
- The Nuggets rank first in second chance points allowed per game (9.7) while the Suns rank 23rd (13.3).
- The Nuggets rank 15th in blocks allowed per game (4.9) while the Suns rank 26th (5.4).
- Denver averages 13.8 fast break points per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Phoenix ranks 29th in fast break points allowed per game (14.5).
- Phoenix is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Denver is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Suns average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 18.0, up from 8.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 114.2 points per game (7.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.4 points per game (8.0 above their season average).