The Philadelphia 76ers (42-30), the NBA’s top shooting defense and 5-point favorites, will take on the Denver Nuggets (40-33) at Wells Fargo Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 223 points and it will air on NBATV at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, March 26, 2018.
Denver Nuggets at Philadelphia 76ers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The 76ers defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves 120-108, while the Nuggets beat the Washington Wizards 108-100.
The Nuggets forced 17 turnovers, while the Wizards had a free throw rate of 0.125 (below their season average of 0.202). Meanwhile, Philadelphia’s 0.551 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Minnesota, who had a mark of 0.412. The 76ers’ mark was above their season average of 0.531, while the Timberwolves’ was below their season average of 0.527. Philadelphia rallied around Ben Simmons, who notched his ninth triple-double of the season. He dominated, collecting 15 points, 13 assists and 12 rebounds. Nikola Jokic, meanwhile was a key piece for Denver with 25 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
Contrasting tempos will be on display in this contest. Philadelphia has preferred to play up-tempo (fifth in possessions per game), while Denver has been slower-paced (15th in possessions per game).
Of the Nuggets’ 73 games, 37 have finished over the O/U total. Denver holds records of 40-33 straight up (SU) and 33-37-3 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Denver, 76ers games have finished over the projected point total 51.4 percent of the time. Additionally, Philadelphia is 42-30 SU and 41-31 ATS.
The Nuggets’ Jokic has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 22.0 points, 11.2 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Simmons has averaged 12.8 points, 11.6 assists, 9.6 rebounds and 2.4 steals during that same time frame for the 76ers.
In their first matchup this season, Dario Saric led the 76ers to a 107-102 victory. He put up 20 points, nine rebounds and six assists. Philadelphia covered as a 7-point underdog and the two teams combined to put up 209 points, which was just under the projected point total of 213.5. Philadelphia had a better effective field goal percentage (0.527 vs. 0.443). Denver, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (25-34; 73.5 percent).
Denver Nuggets at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 14th in the league. The 76ers rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Philadelphia averages 26.3 assists per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Denver ranks 25th in assists allowed per game (24.7).
- The Nuggets rank 11th in steals per game (7.9) while the 76ers rank last in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in fast break points allowed per game (10.3) while Denver ranks 19th (12.4).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (46.9) while Denver ranks 10th (44.2).
- The 76ers rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.8) while the Nuggets rank 24th (46.8).
- The Nuggets rank second in second chance points allowed per game (10.5) while the 76ers rank 14th (12.6).
- Denver averages 30.9 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Philadelphia ranks 13th in three pointers allowed per game (28.9).
- Denver ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.4) while Philadelphia ranks last in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.0).
- Denver is 13-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Philadelphia is 18-0.
- The 76ers are 39-18 when they score more than 100 points, while the Nuggets are 34-23.
- Philadelphia is 23-11 ATS at home, while Denver is 14-20-2 ATS on the road.
- In 36 road games, the Nuggets have 18 overs and 18 unders.
- The 76ers have 18 unders and 16 overs in 34 home games.
- The 76ers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Nuggets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 4 overs and 1 under, while Denver has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.8, up from 3.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 119.6 points per game (9.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.0 points per game (4.7 above their season average).