The New Orleans Pelicans (12-12) will be at home in Smoothie King Center when they meet the Denver Nuggets (13-10). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017, and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt.
Denver Nuggets at New Orleans Pelicans ATS Preview
The Nuggets were beaten by the Dallas Mavericks in their last contest, 122-105. With 23 points on 9-for-20 shooting, Will Barton was the top scorer from either team. Dallas made 12 of their 26 three pointers (46.2 percent). Denver, meanwhile, held the Mavericks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.8 (below their season average of 18.6).
In the Pelicans last game, they were topped by the Golden State Warriors, 125-115. With 19 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists, New Orleans DeMarcus Cousins had a solid outing. Golden State did a fantastic job of making free throws (19-27; 70.4 percent). New Orleans, on the other hand, held the Warriors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.2 (below their season average of 22.2).
The sweet-shooting offense of New Orleans will clash against the porous defense of Denver. The Pelicans rank fifth in effective field goal percentage (0.544), while the Nuggets are 29th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.548). The Pelicans figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. ,
Of Denver’s 23 games, 13 have finished under the projected point total, while 13 of New Orleans 24 games have finished over the projected point total. The Nuggets have the better straight up (SU) record (13-10 vs. 12-12), but the Pelicans hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (13-11 vs. 9-14).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Nuggets, it’s been Gary Harris, who has averaged 16.0 points and 3.0 steals, while the Pelicans have received great contributions from Jrue Holiday (19.4 points, 4.4 assists and 1.4 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 260 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 221.5. The Nuggets won 146-114, covering as 5-point favorites. The Nuggets dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.180 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2. For those same stats, the Pelicans were 0.066 and 18.6, respectively. Jamal Murray was the games leading scorer with 31 points.
Denver Nuggets at New Orleans Pelicans Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Under
- The Nuggets average 15.7 second chance points per game, which ranks first in the league. The Pelicans rank 19th in second chance points allowed per game (12.8).
- Denver averages 29.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. New Orleans ranks 25th in three pointers allowed per game (30.8).
- Denver ranks 13th in steals per game (8.0) while New Orleans ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- Denver is 2-9 ATS on the road, while New Orleans is 5-6 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Pelicans 11 home games, while 6 of the Nuggets 11 road games have gone under.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Denver is 5-1 and New Orleans is 4-0.
- The Nuggets are 11-5 when they score above 100 points, while the Pelicans are 10-7.
- The Pelicans average 17.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 16th in the NBA. The Nuggets rank 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (20.4).
- New Orleans ranks second in points in the paint per game (51.5) while Denver ranks 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.4).
- The Nuggets average 14.8 fast break points per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Pelicans rank 26th in fast break points allowed per game (13.5).
- The Nuggets average 45.1 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the league. The Pelicans rank 19th in rebounds allowed per game (43.9).
- New Orleans ranks second in assists per game (26.2) while Denver ranks 24th in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- New Orleans is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Denver is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pelicans average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.4, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 102.4 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 106.0 points per game (1.0 below their season average).