It will be a showdown between two stifling defenses when the Memphis Grizzlies (5-4), 3.5-point underdogs, square off against the Denver Nuggets (9-1) at FedExForum. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 206 points and it will air on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Denver Nuggets vs. Memphis Grizzlies ATS Odds
The Nuggets beat the Boston Celtics in their last game, 115-107, covering as 1.5-point favorites. The Grizzlies, meanwhile, were beaten by the Golden State Warriors, 117-101, and failed to cover as 14-point underdogs. The Denver game finished 11.5 points over the projected point total of 210.5, while the Memphis game went 3.5 points under the projected point total of 221.5.
Denver dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.222 (above their season average of 0.213) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (above their season average of 27.5). For those same stats, Boston recorded marks of 0.115 and 17.9, respectively. Memphis, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.8 vs. 12.5). Jaren Jackson Jr. played well for Memphis, finishing with 15 points, six rebounds and five blocks. Meanwhile, Denver was lifted by Jamal Murray, who finished with 48 points and five rebounds.
The Nuggets edged out the Grizzlies in this series last year, winning three out of four games. In the last contest, Memphis won 101-94. Memphis was lights out from beyond the arc (13-32; 40.6 percent). Denver, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (6.6 vs. 10.5).
Matchups featuring the Nuggets tend to finish under the total (70.0 percent). Denver heads into the contest with records of 9-1 straight up (SU) and 7-3 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Grizzlies also have a tendency to finish under the total (66.7 percent). Moreover, Memphis is 5-4 SU and 5-4 ATS.
Second-chance opportunities could be hard to find for Memphis in this contest. Dating back to last season, the Grizzlies rank 30th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.8 percent), while Denver ranks fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.8 percent).
Denver Nuggets at Memphis Grizzlies Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Denver ranks sixth in rebounds per game (45.0) while Memphis ranks last (40.2).
- The Grizzlies rank first in steals allowed per game (7.8) while the Nuggets rank 19th (8.0).
- Memphis ranks second in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.0) while Denver ranks 13th (18.5).
- Denver ranks 11th in fast break points per game (13.6) while Memphis ranks 19th in fast break points allowed per game (14.3).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in second chance points per game (14.3) while the Grizzlies rank 26th (11.5).
- The Nuggets rank eighth in assists per game (25.1) while the Grizzlies rank 19th in assists allowed per game (22.4).
- Denver ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (49.8) while Memphis ranks 24th (42.4).
- Denver is 20-2 when they allow below 100 points, while Memphis is 16-13.
- The Nuggets are 48-27 when they score above 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 21-25.