The Indiana Pacers (15-11) will be at home in Bankers Life Fieldhouse when they meet the Denver Nuggets (14-11). Indiana is a 6.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 219 points. Action begins at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt.
Denver Nuggets vs. Indiana Pacers Free Preview
In the Nuggets last contest, they beat the Orlando Magic, 103-89. Kenneth Faried led Denver in scoring with 20 points on 8-for-10 shooting. The Nuggets held the Magic to an effective field goal percentage of 0.428 (below their season average of 0.531) and had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 13.6).
The Pacers hope to maintain momentum after topping the Cleveland Cavaliers in their last contest, 106-102. With 33 points on 11-for-24 shooting, Victor Oladipo was the top scorer from either team. Indiana dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.5 (above their season average of 21.3) and a turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 12.6). Cleveland recorded marks of 19.1 and 9.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Indiana could have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this matchup. The Pacers rank 25th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.175, while Denver ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.163). Additionally, the Nuggets could control the offensive glass in this showdown as they rank first in the league in offensive rebounding percentage at 26.8 percent. The Pacers, meanwhile, rank 22nd at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.5 percent.
Of Denver’s 25 games, 14 have finished under the O/U total, while 13 of Indiana’s 26 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (14-11 for Denver; 15-11 for Indiana), but the Pacers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Indiana is 16-10 ATS, while the Nuggets are 10-15.
Will Barton has been playing at a high level as of late for Denver, averaging 20.0 points and 5.4 rebounds over the last five games.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Nuggets won both meetings last season. In the most recent matchup, Denver won 125-117. Denver did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (40-43; 93.0 percent). Indiana, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.574 vs. 0.518).
Denver Nuggets at Indiana Pacers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank eighth in assists per game (23.2) while the Nuggets rank 24th in assists allowed per game (24.4).
- Indiana averages 15.2 fast break points per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Denver ranks 15th in fast break points allowed per game (11.4).
- Denver ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (4.8) while Indiana ranks 26th (5.5).
- Denver averages 44.8 rebounds per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Indiana ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (43.5).
- Denver is 3-10 ATS on the road, while Indiana is 8-5 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 8 of the Pacers 13 home games, while 7 of the Nuggets 13 road games have gone under.
- Indiana is 7-0 when they allow less than 100 points, while Denver is 6-1.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Pacers are 13-5 and the Nuggets are 12-6.
- The Pacers rank fifth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Nuggets rank 16th (8.2).
- Denver ranks third in points in the paint per game (48.9) while Indiana ranks 26th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.8).
- The Pacers rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while the Nuggets rank 27th (19.8).
- The Nuggets average 29.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 14th in the league. The Pacers rank 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (30.6).
- Denver averages 15.4 second chance points per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Indiana ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Denver is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 109.6 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average).