The Denver Nuggets (38-33), 9.5-point favorites, will travel to United Center to clash against the Chicago Bulls (24-46). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 222 points and it will air on NBC Sports Chicago at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
Denver Nuggets vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Bulls were blown out by the New York Knicks, 110-92, while the Nuggets fell to the Miami Heat, 149-141.
Denver did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (31-37; 83.8 percent) while Chicago did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (23-31; 74.2 percent). Chicago’s Bobby Portis had a solid performance, putting up 16 points and seven rebounds. Nikola Jokic was a key piece for Denver with 34 points and 15 rebounds.
Chicago could have trouble getting to the free throw line in this contest. The Bulls rank 29th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.167, while Denver ranks fifth in FTA rate allowed (0.175). Also, the Nuggets, who rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.8 percent), will go head-to-head against the Bulls, who rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (80.6 percent).
Of the Nuggets’ 71 games, 36 have finished over the projected point total. Denver heads into the contest with records of 38-33 straight up (SU) and 31-37-3 against the spread (ATS).
A little over half of Bulls games have also finished over the total. Further, Chicago is 24-46 SU and 36-31-3 ATS.
The Nuggets’ Jokic has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 19.2 points, 10.0 rebounds, 6.6 assists, 2.4 steals and 1.2 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Portis has averaged 14.8 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.6 steals during that same time frame for the Bulls.
In their first matchup this season, Will Barton led the Nuggets to a 111-110 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 37 points. The two teams combined to score 221 points, which was over the projected point total of 209.5, and Denver was unable to cover as a 10-point favorite. Denver did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (23-31; 74.2 percent). Chicago, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.591 vs. 0.530).
Denver Nuggets at Chicago Bulls Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets rank 17th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Bulls rank last (3.7).
- Denver ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (41.3) while Chicago ranks 26th (45.8).
- The Nuggets rank third in second chance points per game (13.9) while the Bulls rank 24th (11.3).
- Denver ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.8) while Chicago ranks 27th in three pointers allowed per game (31.7).
- Denver ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.3) while Chicago ranks 26th (14.9).
- The Nuggets average 24.8 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Bulls rank 27th in assists allowed per game (25.5).
- The Bulls rank third in steals allowed per game (6.9) while the Nuggets rank 20th (8.0).
- Chicago ranks 14th in fast break points per game (11.8) while Denver ranks 19th in fast break points allowed per game (12.4).
- Denver ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (49.3) while Chicago ranks 25th (41.7).
- Denver is 13-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Chicago is 6-6.
- The Nuggets are 32-23 when they reach the century mark, while the Bulls are 22-22.
- Chicago is 19-14-2 ATS at home, while Denver is 12-20-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 17 of the Nuggets’ 34 road games, while 19 of the Bulls’ 35 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Denver and Chicago have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bulls are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Nuggets are 1-4.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 109.4 points per game (5.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.6 points per game (4.1 above their season average).
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.8, up from 1.0 for the season.