The Memphis Grizzlies (18-50) welcome the Denver Nuggets (38-31) to FedExForum. The Grizzlies look to put an end to their 19-game losing streak. The game can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Denver Nuggets vs. Memphis Grizzlies ATS Odds
In their last game, the Grizzlies lost a close one to the Chicago Bulls, 111-110, while the Nuggets beat the Detroit Pistons, 120-113.
Denver dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.259 (above their season average of 0.193) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.8 (below their season average of 25.7). Detroit recorded marks of 0.120 and 20.5, respectively, for those same stats. Memphis, on the other hand, held Chicago to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.2 (below the 23.2 mark opponents have averaged against Memphis this season). Marc Gasol played well for Memphis with 21 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists. Denver rallied around Nikola Jokic, who recorded his seventh triple-double of the year. He took over, collecting 23 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists.
Denver figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Nuggets rank sixth in offensive efficiency, while Memphis ranks 20th in defensive efficiency.
Games involving the Nuggets have a slight tendency to go over the total (50.7 percent). Denver holds records of 38-31 straight up (SU) and 31-35-3 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Grizzlies 68 games, 38 have finished under the projected point total. Moreover, Memphis is 18-50 SU and 27-38-3 ATS.
The Nuggets Jokic has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 19.2 points, 9.6 rebounds, 6.4 assists and 1.4 steals per game. Meanwhile, Dillon Brooks has averaged 20.2 points during that same time frame for the Grizzlies.
In their three matchups this season, the Nuggets have won all three. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 210 points, which was under the projected point total of 217. Denver won 108-102 but was unable to cover as a 9-point favorite. Denver made good use of their 26 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 22 of them (84.6 percent). Memphis, meanwhile, was 12-15 (80.0 percent). Gary Harris was the games top overall scorer with 26 points.
Denver Nuggets at Memphis Grizzlies Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Nuggets average 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 18th in the NBA. The Grizzlies rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Memphis ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while Denver ranks 25th (47.2).
- The Nuggets rank 10th in rebounds per game (44.2) while the Grizzlies rank 29th (40.5).
- Memphis ranks 12th in points off turnovers per game (16.8) while Denver ranks 28th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.9).
- Denver ranks 13th in steals per game (7.9) while Memphis ranks 20th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in assists per game (25.0) while the Grizzlies rank 25th (21.4).
- The Nuggets rank ninth in fast break points per game (13.8) while the Grizzlies rank 25th in fast break points allowed per game (13.9).
- Denver ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.6) while Memphis ranks 10th in three pointers allowed per game (27.9).
- Denver ranks fourth in second chance points per game (13.8) while Memphis ranks 23rd (11.2).
- When allowing below 100 points, Denver is 13-2 and Memphis is 11-11.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Nuggets are 32-22 and the Grizzlies are 13-20.
- Denver is 12-18-2 ATS on the road, while Memphis is 14-21-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 16 of the Nuggets 32 road games, while 23 of the Grizzlies 36 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Denver and Memphis have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Nuggets are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Grizzlies are 0-5.
- The Nuggets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 1.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 96.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 112.0 points per game (7.8 above their season average).