The Memphis Grizzlies (18-42), who are currently on an 11-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Denver Nuggets (33-28) to FedExForum. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, March 2, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Denver Nuggets at Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Nuggets lost a tough one against the Los Angeles Clippers in their last matchup, 122-120. Denver’s Will Barton finished with 19 points, seven rebounds and five assists in the contest. Los Angeles had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2 (above their season average of 22.8). Denver, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (24-30; 80.0 percent).
In the Grizzlies’ last matchup, they were topped by the Phoenix Suns, 110-102. Marc Gasol was Memphis’ leading scorer with 22 points on 7-for-21 shooting. Phoenix did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (28-38; 73.7 percent). Memphis, meanwhile, held the Suns to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.8 (below their season average of 23.4).
The offensive glass should be a major edge for Denver in this contest. The Nuggets rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 percent), while Memphis ranks 22nd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.6 percent).
Of Denver’s 61 games, 31 have finished under the projected point total, while 33 of Memphis’ 60 games have finished under the projected point total. The Nuggets have the better straight up (SU) record (33-28 vs. 18-42) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (28-30-3 vs. 25-33-2).
Nikola Jokic and Barton have been playing well over the last five games for Denver. Jokic has averaged 24.6 points, 12.4 rebounds and 11.0 assists per game, while Barton has put up 20.8 points, 5.4 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
These two teams have already met twice this season, with the Nuggets winning both. Gasol led both teams with 22 points in the most recent matchup, in which the Grizzlies lost 87-78, unable to cover as 6.5-point underdogs. The two teams combined to put up 165 points, which was 38 points below the projected point total of 203 points. The Nuggets dominated every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.371 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0. The Grizzlies were 0.143 and 18.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Denver Nuggets at Memphis Grizzlies Free Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets rank fourth in second chance points per game (13.9) while the Grizzlies rank 22nd (11.1).
- Memphis averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Denver ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Denver averages 13.7 fast break points per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Memphis ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (14.0).
- Denver averages 30.4 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Memphis ranks 10th in three pointers allowed per game (27.9).
- Denver is 11-15-2 ATS on the road, while Memphis is 13-18-1 ATS at home.
- The Nuggets have 14 overs and 14 unders in 28 road games.
- The Grizzlies have 21 unders and 11 overs in 32 home games.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Denver is 13-2 and Memphis is 11-10.
- The Nuggets are 27-19 when they score above 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 13-15.
- The Grizzlies rank 18th in points off turnovers per game (16.3) while the Nuggets rank 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.9).
- Memphis ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.1) while Denver ranks 25th (47.3).
- The Nuggets rank fifth in assists per game (24.7) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (21.1).
- The Nuggets rank 14th in steals per game (7.9) while the Grizzlies rank 17th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Denver ranks eighth in rebounds per game (44.3) while Memphis ranks 27th (40.6).
- Memphis is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Denver is 2-3 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.0, up from 4.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 121.4 points per game (13.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 118.4 points per game (10.9 above their season average).