The Denver Nuggets (44-35) will travel to Staples Center to clash with the Los Angeles Clippers (42-37). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 221.5 points and it will air on NBATV at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 7, 2018.
Denver Nuggets at Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Clippers lost big to the Utah Jazz, 117-95, while the Nuggets defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves, 100-96.
The Nuggets made 19 of their 22 free throws (86.4 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.1 (above their season average of 25.8). Los Angeles, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (22-28; 78.6 percent). Montrezl Harrell led the way for Los Angeles, putting up 17 points. Meanwhile, Nikola Jokic played a pivotal role for Denver with 16 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists.
Los Angeles does a solid job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.225), but Denver is among the best in the NBA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking fifth by allowing a FTA rate of 0.172). Furthermore, the Nuggets rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (25.8 percent), while the Clippers rank 28th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.9 percent).
Of the Nuggets 79 games, 40 have finished over the total. Denver comes into the game with records of 44-35 straight up (SU) and 35-41-3 against the spread (ATS).
A little over half of Clippers games have also finished over the projected point total. Further, Los Angeles is 42-37 SU and 42-36-1 ATS.
Jokic and Paul Millsap have been playing well over the last five games for Denver. Jokic has averaged 26.2 points, 11.6 rebounds, 6.0 assists, 1.6 steals and 1.6 blocks per game, while Millsap has recorded 22.4 points, 8.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.2 blocks a game during that span.
The Clippers have won both matchups against the Nuggets this season. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 242 points, which was over the projected point total of 228. Los Angeles won 122-120, covering as a 6-point underdog. The Clippers’ 30.2 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Nuggets, who had a rate of 26.8. Lou Williams scored a game-high 25 points.
Denver Nuggets vs. Los Angeles Clippers Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets average 31.0 three pointers per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Clippers rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (30.1).
- Denver ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (10.8) while Los Angeles ranks 26th (13.3).
- The Nuggets average 25.1 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Clippers rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- Denver ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (41.5) while Los Angeles ranks 16th (43.6).
- Denver ranks 12th in blocks per game (4.9) while Los Angeles ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- The Nuggets rank ninth in fast break points per game (13.4) while the Clippers rank 29th in fast break points allowed per game (15.2).
- The Nuggets average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Clippers rank 25th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Denver ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.0) while Los Angeles ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).
- Los Angeles averages 51.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks third in the league. Denver ranks 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (47.1).
- Los Angeles is 13-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Denver is 14-2.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Clippers are 40-24 and the Nuggets are 38-25.
- Los Angeles is 18-20 ATS at home, while Denver is 16-21-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 20 of the Nuggets 39 road games, while 22 of the Clippers 38 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Denver and Los Angeles are both 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 114.2 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.8 points per game (4.1 above their season average).
- The Clippers have been outscored by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Los Angeles has defeated opponents by an average of 0.6 points.