The Golden State Warriors (26-6) and the Denver Nuggets (17-15) clash at ORACLE Arena. The Warriors look to prolong their 11-game winning streak. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017, and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainment.
Denver Nuggets at Golden State Warriors Betting Preview
In the Nuggets last game, they defeated the Portland Trail Blazers, 102-85. Nikola Jokic was the games leading scorer with 27 points on 12-for-21 shooting. Denver dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 27.1) and a free throw rate of 0.129 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Portland was 23.3 and 0.108, respectively.
The Warriors will look to maintain momentum after beating the Los Angeles Lakers in their last matchup, 113-106. Golden State was lifted by Kevin Durant, who was the games high scorer with 33 points on 9-for-20 shooting. The Warriors knocked down 22 of their 27 free throws (81.5 percent) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.535 vs. 0.484).
Golden State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the league. The Warriors rank second in offensive efficiency, while Denver ranks 22nd in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Nuggets, who rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.5 percent), will go head-to-head against the Warriors, who rank 22nd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.6 percent).
Of Denver’s 31 games that accepted bets, 16 have finished under the O/U total, while 16 of Golden State’s 31 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Warriors have a sizable advantage. They are 26-6 SU and 15-16 ATS, while the Nuggets are 17-15 SU and 13-17-1 ATS.
Durant has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Golden State, averaging 31.6 points, 9.8 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 3.0 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 235 points in that game, which was just over the projected point total of 232.5. The Warriors won 127-108, covering as 9-point favorites. Golden State made 18 of their 40 three pointers (45.0 percent), while Denver was 6-24 (25.0 percent). Durant was the games top overall scorer with 25 points.
Denver Nuggets vs. Golden State Warriors Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Nuggets average 48.9 points in the paint per game, which ranks third in the league. The Warriors rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (45.5).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (8.7) while Denver ranks 15th (4.7).
- Golden State averages 17.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Denver ranks last in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.8).
- Denver ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (40.9) while Golden State ranks eighth (41.9).
- On the road, Denver is 5-11-1 ATS with 9 unders and 8 overs.
- At home, Golden State is 7-7 ATS with 8 unders and 6 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Denver is 8-2 and Golden State is 9-1.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Nuggets are 15-9 and the Warriors are 24-4.
- The Nuggets average 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. The Warriors rank 28th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- Denver averages 15.5 second chance points per game, which ranks first in the league. Golden State ranks 26th in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- The Nuggets average 14.5 fast break points per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Warriors rank 29th in fast break points allowed per game (14.3).
- The Nuggets average 30.3 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Warriors rank 18th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- Golden State averages 30.3 assists per game, which ranks first in the league. Denver ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (23.8).
- Golden State is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Denver is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Warriors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, down from 10.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 107.0 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.4 points per game (1.2 below their season average).