The Denver Nuggets (48-22) and the New York Knicks (14-58) square off at Madison Square Garden. The Nuggets are an 11-point favorite and will attempt to continue their five-game winning streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216 points and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, March 22, 2019.
Denver Nuggets vs. New York Knicks Betting Odds
The Nuggets will be hoping for a similar result after topping the Washington Wizards in their last matchup, 113-108, as 4.5-point underdogs. The Knicks, on the other hand, were dismantled by the Utah Jazz, 137-116, and were not able to cover as 12.5-point underdogs. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Denver game went 0.5 points over the projected point total of 220.5, while the New York game finished 42 points over the projected point total of 211.
Denver played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 8.0 (better than their season average of 11.6) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.0 (below their season average of 27.3). For those same stats, Washington was 12.0 and 16.2, respectively. New York, on the other hand, held Utah to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below the 23.7 mark opponents have averaged against New York this season). Kevin Knox had a solid performance for New York, putting up 27 points and eight rebounds. Nikola Jokic fueled Denver with 15 points, 11 assists and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Jokic led the Nuggets to a 115-108 win. He recorded a triple-double with 19 points, 15 assists and 14 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 223 points, which was just over the projected point total of 219, and Denver was unable to cover as a 14-point favorite. The Nuggets’ 36.4 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Knicks, who had a rate of 28.8.
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Nuggets are involved, as 39 of their 69 games have gone under the projected point total. Denver holds records of 48-22 straight up (SU) and 37-32 against the spread (ATS).
Knicks games also have a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total (54.2 percent). Additionally, New York owns records of 14-58 SU and 30-40-2 ATS.
Second-chance points could be hard to find for New York in this meeting. The Knicks rank 18th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.7 percent), while Denver ranks seventh in defensive rebounding percentage (78.4 percent). Additionally, the Nuggets rank fourth in offensive efficiency (111.6), while the Knicks rank 27th in defensive efficiency (111.5).
Denver Nuggets vs. New York Knicks Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Under
- Denver ranks second in assists per game (27.8) while New York ranks last (20.0).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in points in the paint per game (53.0) while the Knicks rank 24th (44.5).
- Denver ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (5.0) while New York ranks 28th (5.8).
- Denver ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (11.9) while New York ranks fifth (12.2).
- The Nuggets rank first in rebounds allowed per game (41.7) while the Knicks rank 27th (47.2).
- The Nuggets rank 17th in points off turnovers per game (16.0) while the Knicks rank 26th (15.1).
- Denver averages 15.5 second chance points per game, which ranks second in the NBA. New York ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (14.0).
- New York is 3-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Denver is 21-1.
- The Nuggets are 46-17 when they score above 100 points, while the Knicks are 14-35.
- New York is 12-20-2 ATS at home, while Denver is 14-19 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 20 of the Knicks’ 34 home games, while 21 of the Nuggets’ 33 road games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Denver and New York are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Nuggets have 4 unders and 1 over over their last five games, while the Knicks have 3 overs and 2 unders
- During their last five games, the Nuggets have scored an average of 112.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.8 points per game (3.2 below their season average).
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.4, up from 9.0 for the season.