The Delaware State Hornets (2-22, 0-9 MEAC), who are currently on an 18-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they head to Corbett Sports Center to challenge the North Carolina A&T Aggies (14-9, 7-1 MEAC). Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018.
Delaware State Hornets at North Carolina A&T Aggies Free Preview
The Hornets fell to the North Carolina Central Eagles in their last game, 72-61. Jonathan Walker put together a good performance for Delaware State, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting. North Carolina Central had a turnover percentage of 8.1 (better than their season average of 19.1). Delaware State, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (7-10; 70.0 percent).
In the Aggies last game, they beat the Hampton Pirates, 92-84. With 21 points on 8-for-10 shooting, Davaris McGowens led North Carolina A&T in scoring. North Carolina A&T dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.276 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.655 (above their season average of 0.514). For those same stats, Hampton was 0.136 and 0.568, respectively.
It will be a battle of contrasting paces as the fast-paced Aggies will look to push the more half-court-oriented Hornets. The Aggies rank 96th in possessions per game while the Hornets are 272nd. Also, the Hornets rank 284th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.207), while the Aggies rank 49th in opponents FTA rate (0.196).
These teams have already met once this season. The Aggies won 76-66. The Aggies dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.245 and a turnover percentage of 18.9. The Hornets were 0.157 and 25.8, respectively, for those same stats. Despite the loss, Artem Tavakalyan was the games leading scorer with 23 points.
Delaware State Hornets vs. North Carolina A&T Aggies Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Delaware State, ATS Winner – Delaware State, O/U – Under
- The Aggies rank 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Hornets rank 128th (3.7).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 165th in rebounds per game (35.0) while Delaware State ranks 189th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 70th in assists per game (15.3) while Delaware State ranks 265th (10.4).
- The Aggies rank 148th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0) while the Hornets rank 269th (26.4).
- North Carolina A&T averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 88th in the nation. Delaware State ranks 208th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- The Aggies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (8.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.8 points per game (4.6 above their season average).