The Delaware State Hornets (2-10), who are currently on a seven-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they head to Pinnacle Bank Arena to go head-to-head with the Nebraska Cornhuskers (8-5). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Delaware State Hornets vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Odds Preview
The Hornets were beaten by the Pittsburgh Panthers in their last outing, 74-68. Simon Okolue put together a good game for Delaware State, contributing 12 points and 12 rebounds. Pittsburgh had a free throw rate of 0.354 (above their season average of 0.265). Delaware State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.4 (above their season average of 32.2).
In the Cornhuskers last game, they beat the UTSA Roadrunners, 104-94. With 25 points on 5-for-11 shooting, James Palmer Jr. was Nebraska’s high scorer. Nebraska played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.673 (above their season average of 0.229) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 30.9). For those same stats, UTSA put up marks of 0.115 and 29.5, respectively.
Delaware State could struggle to create turnovers. Nebraska ranks 30th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.4 percent), while Delaware State forces the 139th-most turnovers (20.2 percent).
Delaware State Hornets at Nebraska Cornhuskers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Delaware State, ATS Winner – Delaware State, O/U – Under
- The Cornhuskers average 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 111th in the NCAA. The Hornets rank 193rd in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- Nebraska averages 37.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 102nd in the nation. Delaware State ranks 172nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- Nebraska ranks 31st in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while Delaware State ranks 252nd (27.2).
- The Cornhuskers rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Hornets rank 160th (7.4).
- Nebraska ranks 28th in blocks per game (5.5) while Delaware State ranks 155th (2.8).
- The Cornhuskers have been outscored by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Nebraska has defeated opponents by an average of 2.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 58.4 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (0.8 below their season average).