The Delaware State Hornets (2-7) will attempt to put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they challenge the Duquesne Dukes (4-3) at A.J. Palumbo Center. Action begins at 12:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Delaware State Hornets vs. Duquesne Dukes Betting Preview
In the Hornets last contest, they were blown out by the UMBC Retrievers, 81-60. Delaware State’s Simon Okolue contributed 12 points and 12 rebounds in the contest. UMBC’s 13.3 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Delaware State, who had a mark of 20.2. The Retrievers mark was better than their season average of 17.4.
The Dukes come in on a high note after beating the Stetson Hatters in their last matchup, 73-59. Duquesne received a boost from Eric Williams Jr. who put up 11 points and 16 rebounds. Duquesne dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.211 (below their season average of 0.322) and a turnover percentage of 15.3 (worse than their season average of 13.8). For those same stats, Stetson was 0.053 and 18.5, respectively.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Duquesne. Dating back to last season, Duquesne ranks 221st in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.6 percent), while the gambling defense of Delaware State has forced the 51st-most turnovers in the nation (21.0 percent).
Delaware State Hornets vs. Duquesne Dukes ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Delaware State, ATS Winner – Delaware State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Dukes rank 77th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Hornets rank 206th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Delaware State ranks 237th in assists allowed per game (15.1) while Duquesne ranks 279th (15.7).
- Delaware State ranks 24th in steals per game (6.1) while Duquesne ranks 231st (5.3).
- The Dukes rank 108th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while the Hornets rank 289th (24.6).
- Duquesne ranks 125th in rebounds per game (36.7) while Delaware State ranks 279th (33.0).