The Penn Quakers (8-3) look to extend their five-game winning streak against the struggling Delaware State Hornets (2-11) at Palestra. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Delaware State Hornets at Penn Quakers Odds Preview
The Hornets lost to the Nebraska Cornhuskers in their last contest, 85-68. With 16 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Kavon Waller was Delaware State’s leading scorer. Nebraska had a better free throw rate (0.167 vs. 0.097). Delaware State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (37.1 vs. 36.7).
In the Quakers last matchup, they topped the Dayton Flyers, 78-70. Penn was lifted by Antonio Woods, who was the teams high scorer with 17 points on 6-for-9 shooting. The Quakers made 13 of their 18 free throws (72.2 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.691 (above their season average of 0.510).
This game should be a matchup of opposite styles. Penn likes to play quickly (36th in possessions per game), while Delaware State is methodical (329th in possessions per game). Also, the 330th-ranked offense of the Hornets (offensive efficiency of 94.0) will go head-to-head against the 29th-ranked defense of the Quakers (defensive efficiency of 92.1).
Delaware State Hornets vs. Penn Quakers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Delaware State, ATS Winner – Delaware State, O/U – Under
- The Quakers rank 19th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Hornets rank 143rd (7.4).
- Penn averages 27.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 31st in the nation. Delaware State ranks 251st in three pointers allowed per game (27.2).
- The Quakers rank 16th in rebounds per game (41.1) while the Hornets rank 221st (33.2).
- Penn ranks 17th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while Delaware State ranks 202nd (16.0).
- The Quakers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, down from 9.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 60.6 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.0 points per game (3.0 above their season average).