The Delaware State Hornets (4-19, 1-9 MEAC) head to McDougald-McLendon Gymnasium to go head-to-head against the North Carolina Central Eagles (11-13, 6-4 MEAC). The Hornets look to put an end to a seven-game road losing streak. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 11, 2019.
Delaware State Hornets vs. North Carolina Central Eagles Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Eagles had no trouble getting past the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 78-53, while the Hornets lost big to the North Carolina A&T Aggies, 82-52.
North Carolina Central dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 47.8 (above their season average of 35.4) and a free throw rate of 0.245 (above their season average of 0.227). For those same stats, Maryland Eastern Shore put up marks of 21.4 and 0.182, respectively. Delaware State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 16.8). North Carolina Central was led by Raasean Davis, who had 21 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Kevin Larkin played a pivotal role for Delaware State with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Davis led the Eagles to a 71-70 win. He scored a game-high 25 points. North Carolina Central’s 0.280 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Delaware State, who had a rate of 0.150.
Expect North Carolina Central to dominate the offensive glass in this matchup. The Eagles rank 21st in offensive rebounding percentage (35.8 percent), while Delaware State ranks 267th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.6 percent).
Delaware State Hornets at North Carolina Central Eagles Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Under
- North Carolina Central ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.4) while Delaware State ranks 288th (41.9).
- The Eagles rank 81st in steals per game (6.9) while the Hornets rank 157th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- North Carolina Central ranks 144th in blocks per game (2.8) while Delaware State ranks 168th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- The Hornets rank 45th in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while the Eagles rank 249th (19.7).
- North Carolina Central ranks 59th in assists per game (15.1) while Delaware State ranks 251st (10.6).
- The Eagles have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, North Carolina Central has defeated opponents by an average of 4.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 63.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (5.1 below their season average).