The Delaware Fightin Blue Hens (4-3) and the Navy Midshipmen (5-3), who both like to play patient, will square off at Alumni Hall. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017.
Delaware Fightin Blue Hens at Navy Midshipmen Free Preview
The Fightin Blue Hens were beaten by the Yale Bulldogs in their last contest, 76-66. With 23 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Anthony Mosley was the top scorer from either team. Yale had an effective field goal percentage of 0.609 (above their season average of 0.548). Delaware, on the other hand, held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.6 (below their season average of 33.2).
The last time the Midshipmen played, they beat the Denver Pioneers, 79-71. With 20 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Bryce Dulin led Navy in scoring. The Midshipmen forced 19 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.529 (above their season average of 0.495).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Navy ranks 333rd in possessions per game (65.3) and Delaware is 315th (66.2) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Delaware Fightin Blue Hens vs. Navy Midshipmen ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Delaware, ATS Winner – Delaware, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Midshipmen rank ninth in rebounds allowed per game (30.3) while the Fightin Blue Hens rank 132nd (34.5).
- Delaware ranks 183rd in blocks per game (3.0) while Navy ranks 281st (1.9).
- Navy ranks 87th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while Delaware ranks 238th (22.8).
- The Fightin Blue Hens rank 119th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while the Midshipmen rank 262nd (7.4).
- Navy ranks 115th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while Delaware ranks 239th (14.4).