The Delaware State Hornets (2-8), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (4-6) to Memorial Hall. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at Delaware State Hornets Odds Preview
In the Fightin’ Blue Hens last game, they were blown out by the No. 9 Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 92-68. Kevin Anderson had a good performance for Delaware, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Notre Dame did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (13-14; 92.9 percent). Delaware, on the other hand, held the Fighting Irish to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.2 (below their season average of 29.3).
The Hornets are hoping for a better outcome after their 97-48 loss to the Duquesne Dukes in their last game. Artem Tavakalyan led Delaware State in scoring with 13 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Duquesne had a turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 14.0). Delaware State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.226 (above their season average of 0.195).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Delaware State ranks 277th in possessions per game (66.3) and Delaware is 312th (66.9).
Ryan Daly has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Delaware, averaging 18.0 points and 1.6 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Fightin’ Blue Hens won the only game last season, 64-49. The Fightin’ Blue Hens dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 40.5 and a free throw rate of 0.207. The Hornets recorded marks of 11.4 and 0.109, respectively, for those same stats.
Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at Delaware State Hornets ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Delaware State, ATS Winner – Delaware State, O/U – Under
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 99th in steals per game (6.6) while the Hornets rank 131st in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Delaware averages 13.1 assists per game, which ranks 166th in the NCAA. Delaware State ranks 194th in assists allowed per game (15.6).
- Delaware ranks 69th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while Delaware State ranks 231st (26.3).
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 161st in rebounds per game (35.4) while the Hornets rank 235th (32.9).
- Delaware ranks 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Delaware State ranks 110th (4.0).
- The Hornets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 25.6, up from 17.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fightin’ Blue Hens have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average).